Wikiposts

Faro - Lagos Bus

Old Jun 3rd 2024, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faro - Lagos Bus

Well, I managed to take the bus on arrival yesterday and was fairly happy with it. As appman999 correctly pointed out, it's the number 56 and leaves from the blue bus stop right outside the arrivals area. The driver was standing outside the bus and when I asked him if his bus would go to Lagos he showed me his phone with the routing of Faro, Albufeira, Portimao and Lagos. He either didn't or didn't want to communicate in English and when I asked him the fare he just stuck his hand out. Another guy tried to pay with a card but he said only cash. I gave him a 20 euro note which he quickly trousered and then basically ignored me when I asked for a ticket/receipt. The schedule I saw online said 2pm departure, but we left at 1:45. We went into Faro to the bus station where a couple of people got off and then we went down the A22 to Albufeira, where the same thing happened again. We then turned off at the Silves junction to get to the bus station in the middle of nowhere in Portimao and then carried on along the E125 to Lagos. The journey took two hours. The bus was very comfortable with reclining leather seats, way more comfortable than the train. I will no doubt use this service again. I just need to know the correct fare...
Old Jun 3rd 2024, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I can see it should be €16 (or €12 if you pre-pay). Alternatively get a bus into Faro bus station and get the 57 which appears cheaper.

The timetable says it should take between 75 and 83 minutes!
Old Jun 4th 2024, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this Sportpix, very useful. A friend of mine used Flixbus Lisbon-Faro on a number of occasions and found it good. She always books online and I think they send the ticket to her phone. She also always books an extra seat so that she has more space and can travel in style!!
Old Jun 9th 2024, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point

The app only shows the E16 price. And I also saw in other webpages that tickets cannot be purchased from the driver directly.
I think he saw an opportunity and duped you. Very poor form of him to do that.
Old Jun 9th 2024, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

den morris is an unknown quantity at this point

Trains to Lagos run from 1023 until 2050 , a total of eight ,clearly NOT hourly . If you decide on the train it may be good to know that if you are a pensioner you can get 50% discount on production of your passport at the ticket office . Happy travels .
Old Jun 10th 2024, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

For future reference, line 56 timetable in pdf:

file:///home/cgkh/Downloads/56-_2023-09-16.pdf
Old Jun 10th 2024, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by den morris
Trains to Lagos run from 1023 until 2050 , a total of eight ,clearly NOT hourly . If you decide on the train it may be good to know that if you are a pensioner you can get 50% discount on production of your passport at the ticket office . Happy travels .
Not sure where you get your info but the first train leaves Faro at 7am. The CP app has all the info needed including being able to book tickets
Old Jun 10th 2024, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the 07:00 from Faro is the Alfa Pendular to Lisbon/Porto and doesn't go through Lagos.

There are 9 trains a day from Faro to Lagos starting at 7:11. Timetable here https://www.cp.pt/StaticFiles/timeta...nal-trains.pdf