Faro - Lagos Bus

Old Mar 23rd 2024, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Faro - Lagos Bus

Does anyone have experience with the Faro Lagos bus system? I have a flight arriving early afternoon that will just miss the train and I will have a two hour wait. I doubt the bus leaves from the airport so where in Faro does it leave from and how often?
Old Mar 23rd 2024, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faro - Lagos Bus

I would never, ever take that train again. Most uncomfortable, slowest journey.
Check link below.
https://www.busbud.com/en-gb/bus-far.../eyd6e7-ey9g4d
Old Mar 23rd 2024, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is an airport bus No56 but not that often Vamus website gives details. https://vamusalgarve.pt/#/pt/vamus%20algarve/routes
This website gives lots of info on public transport. Bus and train timetables for the Algarve - an unofficial website - HOME PAGE
Old Mar 27th 2024, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Sportpix,

The Flixbus service goes from Lagos to Faro, stopping at the airport. It leaves Lagos from somewhere called Largo do Rossio I think - but if you just google it, you should find the info. A friend has used it a few times from Lisbon to Faro (it ends up near the old town and the port) and she was very happy with it.
Old Mar 27th 2024, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J00ls
Sportpix,

The Flixbus service goes from Lagos to Faro, stopping at the airport. It leaves Lagos from somewhere called Largo do Rossio I think - but if you just google it, you should find the info. A friend has used it a few times from Lisbon to Faro (it ends up near the old town and the port) and she was very happy with it.
I don’t believe the Flixbus between Lagos and Faro stops at the airport. It stops at Portimao and Albufeira.
Old Mar 28th 2024, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

My mistake. They do have a service that stops there - but it must be from somewhere else. However, if the OP googles their site, he should find all the info, including where to pick up the bus.
Old Mar 28th 2024, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J00ls
My mistake. They do have a service that stops there - but it must be from somewhere else. However, if the OP googles their site, he should find all the info, including where to pick up the bus.
Thanks for this. It seems from their website that they only have one bus a day leaving at 06:50 or so. Doesn't sound right to me, but then...
Old Mar 28th 2024, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

As my previous post the No 56 Vamus airport bus runs from the airport to Lagos (but not very often!)

Otherwise into town and catch other connections to Lagos (also as my previous post)
Old Mar 28th 2024, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by appman999
As my previous post the No 56 Vamus airport bus runs from the airport to Lagos (but not very often!)

Otherwise into town and catch other connections to Lagos (also as my previous post)
Thank you. Is there a central bus station if Faro where such busses are likely to go from? We have one in Lagos and everything goes from there. Quite efficient. Thanks again.
Old Mar 28th 2024, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, the bus station is right near the railway station.

The No 57 is the Transrapido to Lagos and all the stops are shown on the Vamus website.

Old Mar 28th 2024, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by appman999
Yes, the bus station is right near the railway station.

The No 57 is the Transrapido to Lagos and all the stops are shown on the Vamus website.
I am in your debt. Thank you so much for your kind help.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Maurice Lagos is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually take the train. The quick one takes 1.15HR the one stopping at all local stations roughly 2hrs. It costs 7.50eu and I find it very convenient. The train station of Faro is next to the bus station and there are trains leaving every hour. Good luck
Old Apr 5th 2024, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maurice Lagos
I usually take the train. The quick one takes 1.15HR the one stopping at all local stations roughly 2hrs. It costs 7.50eu and I find it very convenient. The train station of Faro is next to the bus station and there are trains leaving every hour. Good luck
clearly you did not read my original post. There are not trains every hour otherwise I would not have need of bus information
Old Apr 5th 2024, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Maurice Lagos is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry that I was trying to help you. I use the train weekly and know the timetable. Best of luck haha
Old Apr 5th 2024, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not so convenient