Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Faro bus depot to airport

Faro bus depot to airport

Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice
Default Faro bus depot to airport

Hello everyone,

I'm heading home for Christmas next week and I'm flying from Faro, which involves getting a coach from Lisbon at 1am and arriving in Faro at 4:50am! I then have to make my way from wherever it is the bus drops me off to the airport - does anyone know how I can get there at that time in the morning or am I better off hanging around the bus depot (assuming that's where I'll be ) until a more civilised hour when the airport buses are running?
Alternatively, does anyone know how much a taxi would cost to the airport at that time?

Thanks for your help - I've had a look on t'internet but can't seem to find information for buses going to the airport (only coming from).
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of
Default Re: Faro bus depot to airport

See link for bus timetable

http://www.eva-bus.com/home_pesquisa...to&Procurar=Ok

Looks like you will have a long wait for a bus!

You could try one of the tourist transfer companies. Not sure if I can post the links here on the forum. You can google for them or I can send you a few links if you PM me.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Green_shutters
See link for bus timetable

http://www.eva-bus.com/home_pesquisa...to&Procurar=Ok

Looks like you will have a long wait for a bus!

You could try one of the tourist transfer companies. Not sure if I can post the links here on the forum. You can google for them or I can send you a few links if you PM me.
Oh dear yes I will have to wait a long time won't I?! Thought that might be the case. Will probably have to get a taxi then - I suspect the bus stop will be rather chilly at 5 o' clock in the morning so I'd be better getting a taxi to the airport and waiting there with a cup of tea or something.
Do you know how much it is from Faro to the airport in a taxi?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by internationalbefky
Oh dear yes I will have to wait a long time won't I?! Thought that might be the case. Will probably have to get a taxi then - I suspect the bus stop will be rather chilly at 5 o' clock in the morning so I'd be better getting a taxi to the airport and waiting there with a cup of tea or something.
Do you know how much it is from Faro to the airport in a taxi?
No idea I am afraid. Could be worth your while contacting one of the tourist transfer companies. I shall PM you with some links that might help
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

DublinLassie is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick up a taxi at the bus depot - it will only cost about 10 euro. Passing that time in the airport will be much more pleasant at that hour of the day.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 9:15 am
Banned

goispro is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the bus/train station by bus? and how frequently does that service run? and what about by taxi? thanks!
Old Dec 20th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

DublinLassie is an unknown quantity at this point

The times and duration of the bus journeys are shown in the link above.

Taxis are a bit quicker.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Faro bus depot to airport

Originally Posted by goispro
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the bus/train station by bus? and how frequently does that service run? and what about by taxi? thanks!
I have done the bus trip takes about 15-20 mins only about 5km but the bus does go past the University so if lots get on there it may be a minute or two longer. It costs almost nothing 3 or 4 euro.