Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Faro Airport Car Hire

Faro Airport Car Hire

Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

TYKE2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faro Airport Car Hire

Can anyone recomend a good quality car hire firm for Faro airport, and warn against any dodgey ones?

Thanks in anticipation
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Magick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faro Airport Car Hire

I can highly recommend Luz Cars which are based in Praia da Luz - I have used this company for the last 14 years and have returned a car which was damaged and was charged no extra

they have a website http://www.lagoscarhire.com/luzcar/?...FRcS1AodjEBf3g

It costs around £100 per week for a basic car - there are the usual options and you can pay more

You meet the agent at Faro airport and they will take your details and hand you the car keys and direct you to where it is parked. When you return the car you leave it in the same car park so there is no queing to get a mini bus to a car collection depot either on arrival or departure.

In my opinion they are the best!

Magick
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

I can recomend Zit Autos, they have a low cost.
Joao
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Can´t agree more. Have been using them for about the same amount of time.

www.luzcar.com

Always worth asking for a discount as they normally give about 10%!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

firstgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Luzcar also get my vote. Not the cheapest but after several years of worrying that we would get blamed for someone elses damage each time we returned the car, we changed to Luzcar and the peace of mind is priceless.

Just drop the car off.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

masterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant futuremasterjoiner has a brilliant future

we use sixt

never a long queue! - reasonable rates...nice service......
upgrade occasionally,

we paid approx £42 x 4 days for "B" type of car,,& thought it was fair...

H
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TYKE2
Can anyone recomend a good quality car hire firm for Faro airport, and warn against any dodgey ones?

Thanks in anticipation

We've been using Auto Season for over a year now.

Very competitive, helpful and friendly.

Meet you at the airport, sign the form, pay and they bring the car to you.

On return, just drop the car in car park and that's it.

Link if helpful is:

http://www.autoseason.com/

BB
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

You guys are fast!! and great also .

any Thanks and keep em coming if there are any great deals about. It seems expensive so far.

I got one for a week in tenerife for £70 earlier in the year!

Tyke
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I will use Budget when we go through Faro again.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Saz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really nice

Another vote for Sixt from us. Really friendly people and great prices for good quality small cars. Large cars quite expensive though. They seem to have a new range of convertible Beetles in at the moment, but dont know what price they are.
Saz1
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi

I tried Sixt but they are double the cost of Zit

Tyke
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:18 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Luz cars, remember that this price comes with full insurance, others you will have to pay extra for full cover, plus they threw my oh on for free last timeand also you can hire the car locally to your resort but drop off at the airport if needed, can be so much more conveniant.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

We've tried nearly every one! Is Luz Car the one with the yellow helmet? If so we hired a car from them last year, think it was a Renault and when the oh was driving it through the middle of lagos suddenly the stereo turned itself up to full blast and couldn't be turned down and it conked out in the middle of a roundabout. I was blissfully unaware having my hair done and he had to walk all the way through town carrying our one year old and dragging my hysterical 7 year old in 100 degrees. He found it fun Saying that they were fantastic and got us another car within 30 minutes.

Normally we use Zit Autos though some of the cars (peugeots mainly) we have had have been a little dented, not much but not the sort of thing you get with the big brand companies.

We hired through one of the big names the year prior and someone reversed into us, although we had full insurance we still ended up having to pay 150 euros excess so watch out. We have hired with zit autos and returned the car slightly not in the same condition and never paid anything.

NEVER get a car without full insurance. We've been keyed, reversed into and oh has written one car off and set off all the airbags in another (don't ask...) and we've learnt the hard way!

G
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:29 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
We've tried nearly every one! Is Luz Car the one with the yellow helmet? If so we hired a car from them last year, think it was a Renault and when the oh was driving it through the middle of lagos suddenly the stereo turned itself up to full blast and couldn't be turned down and it conked out in the middle of a roundabout. I was blissfully unaware having my hair done and he had to walk all the way through town carrying our one year old and dragging my hysterical 7 year old in 100 degrees. He found it fun Saying that they were fantastic and got us another car within 30 minutes.

Normally we use Zit Autos though some of the cars (peugeots mainly) we have had have been a little dented, not much but not the sort of thing you get with the big brand companies.

We hired through one of the big names the year prior and someone reversed into us, although we had full insurance we still ended up having to pay 150 euros excess so watch out. We have hired with zit autos and returned the car slightly not in the same condition and never paid anything.

NEVER get a car without full insurance. We've been keyed, reversed into and oh has written one car off and set off all the airbags in another (don't ask...) and we've learnt the hard way!

G
ever thought of investing in a tank!
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

notion is an unknown quantity at this point

I read a very useful article in the UK a couple of weeks ago about annual insurance to cover Excess when hiring, sounded really good, price was something like £34. I'll try and dig it out, but none the less well worth Googling.

We used Air Autos recently, got upgraded and very good price anyway (through http://www.economycarhire.com/ who gave very good booking service as well).
Ivor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.