Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

EU Covid certificate for UK?

EU Covid certificate for UK?

Old Oct 2nd 2021, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute
Default EU Covid certificate for UK?

I have just read that the NHS Digital Covid Certificate not recognised in Portugal.
As I keep seeing posts complaining of a lack of reciprocity, does this mean that the EU certificate is not fully recognised in the UK?
I went onto the UK government website to check this, and the certificate requirements seemed to be different to the details on my EU certificate.
Does this mean that those with the EU certificate will still need pre-departure tests to enter the UK even after 5th October?
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU Covid certificate for UK?

Originally Posted by ricko
I have just read that the NHS Digital Covid Certificate not recognised in Portugal.
As I keep seeing posts complaining of a lack of reciprocity, does this mean that the EU certificate is not fully recognised in the UK?
I went onto the UK government website to check this, and the certificate requirements seemed to be different to the details on my EU certificate.
Does this mean that those with the EU certificate will still need pre-departure tests to enter the UK even after 5th October?
From Monday 4th October, anyone fully vaccinated and NOT coming from a Red List Country will no longer need to take a pre-departure test prior to flying to England. That may be what PT is waiting for to establish reciprocity.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ARCNET
From Monday 4th October, anyone fully vaccinated and NOT coming from a Red List Country will no longer need to take a pre-departure test prior to flying to England. That may be what PT is waiting for to establish reciprocity.
Do you or anybody else on this site actually have any actual information about people flying OUT of England into Portugal and needing to be tested before being allowed on the plane. I know the new rules for returning to England. Thank you for any help with this .

I am seeing conflicting information.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbie20
Do you or anybody else on this site actually have any actual information about people flying OUT of England into Portugal and needing to be tested before being allowed on the plane. I know the new rules for returning to England. Thank you for any help with this .

I am seeing conflicting information.
No longer required as of today as confirmed on .gov.uk https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Old Oct 9th 2021, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw that notice from the British government website. But interestingly no media outlet has mentioned this news, nor has that British government website mentioned when this new rule will become effective.

Can anyone see this news in a Portuguese government or news outlet?
Old Oct 9th 2021, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Safe Communities and Brits in Portugal on Facebook are reporting the new changes since last night.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the update, but are they quoting from the same British government source I mentioned before?

I would have thought the Portuguese government would have mentioned this somewhere, but I cannot find.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Update - both Safe Communities and Brits in Portugal are quoting the same source I mentioned, viz. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal
ideally I want to see one from a Portuguese source.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Artfuldodger128
Update - both Safe Communities and Brits in Portugal are quoting the same source I mentioned, viz. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal
ideally I want to see one from a Portuguese source.
https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal
Old Oct 9th 2021, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ricko
The EU certificate is recognised if the vaccination program meets UK standards as detailed at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countrie...of-vaccination. If you have an EU certificate evidencing recovery and a single jab (of a two-jab vaccine) or recovery only, you are treated as unvaccinated.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

I quote from the above:

Non-reciprocity in the recognition by third countries of the validity of the EU COVID Digital Certificate issued by Portugal, in the modalities of vaccination or recovery certificates, prevents the recognition of the validity of certificates issued by these third countries.

Given that the UK doesn't recognise a recovery certificate, I don't understand how the UK's vaccination certificates can be accepted under the reciprocity clause. If Portugal is recognising them as a special case, why aren't they saying so?
Old Oct 9th 2021, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
I quote from the above:

Non-reciprocity in the recognition by third countries of the validity of the EU COVID Digital Certificate issued by Portugal, in the modalities of vaccination or recovery certificates, prevents the recognition of the validity of certificates issued by these third countries.

Given that the UK doesn't recognise a recovery certificate, I don't understand how the UK's vaccination certificates can be accepted under the reciprocity clause. If Portugal is recognising them as a special case, why aren't they saying so?
Because to establish reciprocity, the two are not interdependent.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ARCNET
Because to establish reciprocity, the two are not interdependent.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
The fact that the UK does not recognise EU recovery certificates does not impinge on there being reciprocity by the UK accepting PT (EU) vaccination certificates. One has to compare like with like.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 7:35 am
Just Joined

moggie2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the UK government this has been updated and the NHS Covid certificate is now accepted in Portugal. It was updated last Friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.