Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

English Food Shop

English Food Shop

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default English Food Shop

Which is the nearest English food shop to Ayamonte in Portugal? I have lived here many years and only need to venture 3/4 times a year for a English food fix. Just a bit peeved off with local Brit shop (not price marked or receipt given).
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Default Re: English Food Shop

Might still be cheaper than driving here!
Depends what you are after.
QM Garden Centre in Santa Barbara de Nexe sell English products. Junction 14 of A22.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: English Food Shop

Apolonia in Almancil sell Brit stuff but it would be 50min drive for you.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mike
Might still be cheaper than driving here!
Depends what you are after.
QM Garden Centre in Santa Barbara de Nexe sell English products. Junction 14 of A22.
Perhaps I should add it has a shop not just plants!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mike
Perhaps I should add it has a shop not just plants!
Yeah, I was going to reply that I am NOT a vegetarian!!

Thanks for the replies, might have to look for overseas deliveries on the net.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
Apolonia in Almancil sell Brit stuff but it would be 50min drive for you.
And nearly opposite is a great English book shop with new and second hand books. It's called Griffin.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:42 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Yeah, I was going to reply that I am NOT a vegetarian!!

Thanks for the replies, might have to look for overseas deliveries on the net.
Quite a lot of people shop online and get their goods delivered to Transport Direct. Do a search on the web as they have a site.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

foxxyzinha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Quite a lot of people shop online and get their goods delivered to Transport Direct. Do a search on the web as they have a site.
http://www.directtransport.net/index.html
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

nigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nice

I agree: avoid the Ayamonte shop. I was there a couple of days ago and got 6 veggie sausages (not priced) and a couple of other things (priced). The 6 veggie sausages must have cost E5 approx, working back from the final bill. No receipt, as you say.

They can pull this sort of trick once, but they lose a customer for life. Naive of me not to have checked the price, I know...