British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   EDP online (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/edp-online-946368/)

wellinever Dec 8th 2022 10:06 am

EDP online

Having used EDP for years and years, I always give a meter reading between 16th and 19th of the month.
I advise EDP using their Website and my account, an immediate amount is calculated and is taken from Bank account at end of the month, so pretty simple.
But today when I open the EDP website and go to my account area, instead of seeing my account details as it has been for years, i am now redirected to this page.
Anyone else seen this?
Why are they asking for me to add an account when they already have it?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...8f10c1166c.png

BillBullock Dec 8th 2022 11:08 am

Re: EDP online

I have just logged in and, although the website has been revised, the starting page looks good and I can immediately enter readings if I want to. Here is my screenshot:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...87deaa11b1.png

wellinever Dec 8th 2022 11:21 am

mine has not looked like that but similar, so yeh, looks like a new layout
That screen appears for a nono second before it goes to the new page I show.
Maybe i will just put in the info it asks for and see what happens, which will be my one and only edp account....

wellinever Dec 8th 2022 11:58 am

this country drives me insane.
so I input the CPE it tells me to do (taken from my most recent bill) plus NIF, and it says the CPE is invalid !!!!
so thats it.
tried calling edp, of course that just does nothing then rings off.
same when trying to call Vulcano boiler HQ this morning.............ring ring ring for 10 mins but no one answers...a major company cant be bothered answering their main switch board.

RichardHenshall Dec 8th 2022 12:38 pm

Out of boredom I logged into my (now 18 months dormant) account and initially all was normal, showing details of my old account. After a few minutes I logged out and when I logged in again I got the same experience that wellinever describes. Maybe the website is broken? Even Amazon was having IT problems yesterday!

Rambling archer Dec 8th 2022 1:13 pm

Wellinever - I notice that on your request page there is a little cross at top right hand side - can you not just click on that to close that page and then it might take you to the usual log-in page? Login-page address should be https://login.edp.pt/
or go to https://www.edp.pt/particulares/ and click on the little person top-ish right hand side where it then asks for you to log-in ...
No problems with my log-in today and I have logged in and out several times to test it!!!
Richard H - has yours cleared yet?

RichardHenshall Dec 8th 2022 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rambling archer (Post 13159191)
... Richard H - has yours cleared yet?

No. I even reinstalled the EDP Zero app on my phone and it does the same. :confused:

wellinever Dec 8th 2022 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Rambling archer (Post 13159191)
Wellinever - I notice that on your request page there is a little cross at top right hand side - can you not just click on that to close that page and then it might take you to the usual log-in page? Login-page address should be https://login.edp.pt/
or go to https://www.edp.pt/particulares/ and click on the little person top-ish right hand side where it then asks for you to log-in ...
No problems with my log-in today and I have logged in and out several times to test it!!!
Richard H - has yours cleared yet?

No I can log in as normal. And can proceed to my account page, its there where the problem starts. As I said for a nano second I can see the normal page (per Bill), but before you can do anything it switched to this new page. The X simply takes me back to the previous page, which tells me to add an account, back swipe takes me out of my area completely. So no way to get to any account information. Biggest issue seems to be that when i tried to input my existing and only account, it says it is unable to add that account...........I forgot today is yet another holiday hence EDP shop not open....need to go there to get some sense (well, maybe)

BillBullock Dec 8th 2022 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13159182)
so I input the CPE it tells me to do (taken from my most recent bill) plus NIF, and it says the CPE is invalid !!!!
so thats it.
same when trying to call Vulcano boiler HQ this morning.............ring ring ring for 10 mins but no one answers...a major company cant be bothered answering their main switch board.

It's a national holiday today.

BillBullock Dec 8th 2022 3:50 pm

EDP login still working perfectly for me. As always, I use my PC for important work and I use the Brave browser which shields my browsing from trackers, cookies, etc. My smartphone is reserved for what it's best at.

Rambling archer Dec 8th 2022 6:36 pm

I'm on Google on PC for my EDP inputs but have the app on the phone too ... and that is working fine, as is the PC (just checked again)

wellinever Dec 9th 2022 8:18 am

Originally Posted by BillBullock (Post 13159223)
It's a national holiday today.

LOL...........yes I realised that when I got into the car and started driving.......thinking.....roads are very quiet today !!!!
Going down to EDP shop today see if I can get to the bottom of it.

When I log in, which it does without problem, and go to enter My Client Area the first page URL iI get is this
https://www.edp.pt/particulares/
the net page it goes to is this..............https://edpzero.cliente.edp.pt/energia/inicio
And the latter is the page that asks for another account to be added.

wellinever Dec 9th 2022 12:52 pm

So went to EDP shop this morning, dodging the deluges,
1) Ref the web site, the girl said that they are doing things to the App that could affect the way the webpage works (or doesn`t) !!!
I pointed out that not all people were experiencing the same problem, but of course that fell on deaf ears.
Usual answer.............wait !!!
2) Also asked about the email received from EDP quoting my CPE number and the cost of simple leccy at €0.103/KwH from Jan 1.
She said yes thats right, that is the proposed cost for everyone, but it might go up.........another unhelpful answer.

I should have known better, than to bother

Rambling archer Dec 9th 2022 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13159331)
So went to EDP shop this morning, dodging the deluges,
1) Ref the web site, the girl said that they are doing things to the App that could affect the way the webpage works (or doesn`t) !!!
I pointed out that not all people were experiencing the same problem, but of course that fell on deaf ears.
Usual answer.............wait !!!
2) Also asked about the email received from EDP quoting my CPE number and the cost of simple leccy at €0.103/KwH from Jan 1.
She said yes thats right, that is the proposed cost for everyone, but it might go up.........another unhelpful answer.

I should have known better, than to bother

:rofl::ohmy::yield::scarper:
Well at least you tried!

Midgo Dec 11th 2022 8:33 am

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13159182)
so thats it.

But its never boring :rofl:

I have an app on my Android phone that automatically redials ad-infinitum when they dont answer
Doesnt always work, and when they do finally answer they are usually not very helpful, but at least they sound pissed off

I have to say, when I moved back to the UK for a year a few years ago, I was also unpleasantly amazed at the level of customer 'service' there too - as they say, 'the past is a different country'
They also say the older you get the more irritable you become too.

wellinever Dec 11th 2022 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Midgo (Post 13159571)
But its never boring :rofl:

They also say the older you get the more irritable you become too.

Thats possibly true, but more out of frustration that everything seems to take so long, and the older you are the less of that you have.
Not confined to PT, but worse here than UK, in my experience.
But maybe because at least I fully understand whats going on there, and very rarely do here.

Midgo Dec 11th 2022 11:18 am

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13159590)
Thats possibly true, but more out of frustration that everything seems to take so long, and the older you are the less of that you have.
Not confined to PT, but worse here than UK, in my experience.
But maybe because at least I fully understand whats going on there, and very rarely do here.

Yes, I think so too. I was referring to myself though.

Yes, I think worse, for sure, but immigrants like me always have rose coloured spectacles when looking back 'home' (PT is my home)

I used to think I didnt understand because my Portuguese was at fault, but now I know that it is because of the very specific flavour of 'reasoning' and 'logic' used locally
... and because quantity is more important than accuracy when it comes to communication
... and showing you are in control trumps everything, much like the much repeated myth that there is no translation for 'Saudades' in English - there is no Portuguese translation for 'I don't know'.

zoff Dec 11th 2022 7:16 pm

In the US when you call customer support you have a very long wait and when finally someone answers, the person has an incomprehensible accent. The accents mostly sound Indian, once I had someone who sounded Scottish, still incomprehensible to me :lol:

wellinever Dec 12th 2022 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Midgo (Post 13159592)
Yes, I think so too. I was referring to myself though.

Yes, I think worse, for sure, but immigrants like me always have rose coloured spectacles when looking back 'home' (PT is my home)

I used to think I didnt understand because my Portuguese was at fault, but now I know that it is because of the very specific flavour of 'reasoning' and 'logic' used locally
... and because quantity is more important than accuracy when it comes to communication
... and showing you are in control trumps everything, much like the much repeated myth that there is no translation for 'Saudades' in English - there is no Portuguese translation for 'I don't know'.

I couldn`t agree more with the sentiment of he who shouts most and loudest wins the case..............how many times I have been in conversation with a Portuguese person, where I just cannot get a word in...........they have a knack of asking a question and then going on to answer it themselves........something which is not normal practice in UK, dunno about anywhere else...........sometimes I just stand and smile to myself

Midgo Dec 13th 2022 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13159747)
I couldn`t agree more with the sentiment of he who shouts most and loudest wins the case..............how many times I have been in conversation with a Portuguese person, where I just cannot get a word in...........they have a knack of asking a question and then going on to answer it themselves........something which is not normal practice in UK, dunno about anywhere else...........sometimes I just stand and smile to myself

Oh yes, when in a Portuguese conversation with multiple people its all talking at once, quite an amazing skill really, to talk without listening to anyone else
I am much better at it now but still find it really hard to not be put off by what the other people are saying, they seem to have noise cancelling built in :lol:

Of course, there is usually one (always a guy) who has some sort of respect and everyone will listen to him no matter what drivel he says (or if he just repeated what you said but then everyone ignored it - must be what women feel like sometimes)

As someone (Portuguese) said to me recently, the most shameful thing is not that we suffered a dictator for 50 years, but that its 50 years that we haven't had one :rofl:

wellinever Dec 13th 2022 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Midgo (Post 13159924)
Oh yes, when in a Portuguese conversation with multiple people its all talking at once, quite an amazing skill really, to talk without listening to anyone else
I am much better at it now but still find it really hard to not be put off by what the other people are saying, they seem to have noise cancelling built in :lol:

Of course, there is usually one (always a guy) who has some sort of respect and everyone will listen to him no matter what drivel he says (or if he just repeated what you said but then everyone ignored it - must be what women feel like sometimes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE3r_CgScms

As someone (Portuguese) said to me recently, the most shameful thing is not that we suffered a dictator for 50 years, but that its 50 years that we haven't had one :rofl:

:lol::lol::lol:
perfect

sportpix Dec 13th 2022 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Midgo (Post 13159924)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE3r_CgScms

This could also be in Hong Kong 🇭🇰. Same thing, everyone talks at once and no one’s me seems to listen, and all carried out with lots of decibels!!!

dingg Dec 13th 2022 8:54 pm

If the edp site is down you can use

https://www.e-redes.pt/pt-pt

​​​​​​and submit the readings there

wellinever Dec 15th 2022 7:52 am

well as the girl in the office said try later............today EDP site is working correctly (for me at least)

RichardHenshall Dec 15th 2022 8:31 am

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13160198)
well as the girl in the office said try later............today EDP site is working correctly (for me at least)

and me.

Midgo Dec 15th 2022 11:56 am

Por favor, tente novamente mais tarde :rofl:

Whenever faced with these challenges, remember the positive side

wellinever Dec 15th 2022 1:57 pm

you have to laugh......14 years old.....
nowt to do with EDP !!! but a laugh

wellinever Dec 17th 2022 7:42 am

Went to EDP today to input readings for December.........here is what it says !!!

De momento não é possível aceder a esta página.
Voltará tudo ao normal no domingo, dia 17. Lamentamos o incómodo.

In Portuguese does that mean Saturday the 17th or Sunday the 18th???

liveaboard Dec 17th 2022 9:45 am

Goggle translation;
Someday, 32nd of Distemper

wellinever Dec 17th 2022 9:56 am

Bout right........something else I must now remember again......or miss the deadline and end up with EDP guestimating my usage (to their advantage of course, esp if the cost will reduce after Jan 1)