EDP online

Old Dec 8th 2022, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default EDP online

Having used EDP for years and years, I always give a meter reading between 16th and 19th of the month.
I advise EDP using their Website and my account, an immediate amount is calculated and is taken from Bank account at end of the month, so pretty simple.
But today when I open the EDP website and go to my account area, instead of seeing my account details as it has been for years, i am now redirected to this page.
Anyone else seen this?
Why are they asking for me to add an account when they already have it?

Old Dec 8th 2022, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EDP online

I have just logged in and, although the website has been revised, the starting page looks good and I can immediately enter readings if I want to. Here is my screenshot:

Old Dec 8th 2022, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

mine has not looked like that but similar, so yeh, looks like a new layout
That screen appears for a nono second before it goes to the new page I show.
Maybe i will just put in the info it asks for and see what happens, which will be my one and only edp account....
Old Dec 8th 2022, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

this country drives me insane.
so I input the CPE it tells me to do (taken from my most recent bill) plus NIF, and it says the CPE is invalid !!!!
so thats it.
tried calling edp, of course that just does nothing then rings off.
same when trying to call Vulcano boiler HQ this morning.............ring ring ring for 10 mins but no one answers...a major company cant be bothered answering their main switch board.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Out of boredom I logged into my (now 18 months dormant) account and initially all was normal, showing details of my old account. After a few minutes I logged out and when I logged in again I got the same experience that wellinever describes. Maybe the website is broken? Even Amazon was having IT problems yesterday!
Old Dec 8th 2022, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Wellinever - I notice that on your request page there is a little cross at top right hand side - can you not just click on that to close that page and then it might take you to the usual log-in page? Login-page address should be https://login.edp.pt/
or go to https://www.edp.pt/particulares/ and click on the little person top-ish right hand side where it then asks for you to log-in ...
No problems with my log-in today and I have logged in and out several times to test it!!!
Richard H - has yours cleared yet?
Old Dec 8th 2022, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
... Richard H - has yours cleared yet?
No. I even reinstalled the EDP Zero app on my phone and it does the same.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Wellinever - I notice that on your request page there is a little cross at top right hand side - can you not just click on that to close that page and then it might take you to the usual log-in page? Login-page address should be https://login.edp.pt/
or go to https://www.edp.pt/particulares/ and click on the little person top-ish right hand side where it then asks for you to log-in ...
No problems with my log-in today and I have logged in and out several times to test it!!!
Richard H - has yours cleared yet?
No I can log in as normal. And can proceed to my account page, its there where the problem starts. As I said for a nano second I can see the normal page (per Bill), but before you can do anything it switched to this new page. The X simply takes me back to the previous page, which tells me to add an account, back swipe takes me out of my area completely. So no way to get to any account information. Biggest issue seems to be that when i tried to input my existing and only account, it says it is unable to add that account...........I forgot today is yet another holiday hence EDP shop not open....need to go there to get some sense (well, maybe)
Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
so I input the CPE it tells me to do (taken from my most recent bill) plus NIF, and it says the CPE is invalid !!!!
so thats it.
same when trying to call Vulcano boiler HQ this morning.............ring ring ring for 10 mins but no one answers...a major company cant be bothered answering their main switch board.
It's a national holiday today.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

EDP login still working perfectly for me. As always, I use my PC for important work and I use the Brave browser which shields my browsing from trackers, cookies, etc. My smartphone is reserved for what it's best at.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on Google on PC for my EDP inputs but have the app on the phone too ... and that is working fine, as is the PC (just checked again)
Old Dec 9th 2022, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BillBullock
It's a national holiday today.

LOL...........yes I realised that when I got into the car and started driving.......thinking.....roads are very quiet today !!!!
Going down to EDP shop today see if I can get to the bottom of it.

When I log in, which it does without problem, and go to enter My Client Area the first page URL iI get is this
https://www.edp.pt/particulares/
the net page it goes to is this..............https://edpzero.cliente.edp.pt/energia/inicio
And the latter is the page that asks for another account to be added.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

So went to EDP shop this morning, dodging the deluges,
1) Ref the web site, the girl said that they are doing things to the App that could affect the way the webpage works (or doesn`t) !!!
I pointed out that not all people were experiencing the same problem, but of course that fell on deaf ears.
Usual answer.............wait !!!
2) Also asked about the email received from EDP quoting my CPE number and the cost of simple leccy at €0.103/KwH from Jan 1.
She said yes thats right, that is the proposed cost for everyone, but it might go up.........another unhelpful answer.

I should have known better, than to bother
Old Dec 9th 2022, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

So went to EDP shop this morning, dodging the deluges,
1) Ref the web site, the girl said that they are doing things to the App that could affect the way the webpage works (or doesn`t) !!!
I pointed out that not all people were experiencing the same problem, but of course that fell on deaf ears.
Usual answer.............wait !!!
2) Also asked about the email received from EDP quoting my CPE number and the cost of simple leccy at €0.103/KwH from Jan 1.
She said yes thats right, that is the proposed cost for everyone, but it might go up.........another unhelpful answer.

I should have known better, than to bother

Well at least you tried!
Old Dec 11th 2022, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

so thats it.

But its never boring

I have an app on my Android phone that automatically redials ad-infinitum when they dont answer
Doesnt always work, and when they do finally answer they are usually not very helpful, but at least they sound pissed off

I have to say, when I moved back to the UK for a year a few years ago, I was also unpleasantly amazed at the level of customer 'service' there too - as they say, 'the past is a different country'
They also say the older you get the more irritable you become too.

Last edited by Midgo; Dec 11th 2022 at 8:36 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.