EDP Contacts

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default EDP Contacts

As I have mentioned on here before my electric meter is inaccessible from the road and cannot be read by the EDP guy on the motorbike unless I am there or the gate has been left open. Moving the meter is not an option. We visit our house 3 times a year and occasionally catch him before he flies past but now we are stuck in the UK it is a problem because it has to be read in person once a year or you are disconnected. My local EDP Commercial office is in Loule but I cannot find their telephone number. The other numbers are all in Lisbon and I just get a recorded message in Portuguese which I do not understand. Their website is all in Portuguese and my EDP app is also. I know it was read in September so I think I am ok for a while so am I the only one with this problem and does anyone have a contact number I can ring? Thank you.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDP Contacts

Originally Posted by robcarolyn
As I have mentioned on here before my electric meter is inaccessible from the road and cannot be read by the EDP guy on the motorbike unless I am there or the gate has been left open. Moving the meter is not an option. We visit our house 3 times a year and occasionally catch him before he flies past but now we are stuck in the UK it is a problem because it has to be read in person once a year or you are disconnected. My local EDP Commercial office is in Loule but I cannot find their telephone number. The other numbers are all in Lisbon and I just get a recorded message in Portuguese which I do not understand. Their website is all in Portuguese and my EDP app is also. I know it was read in September so I think I am ok for a while so am I the only one with this problem and does anyone have a contact number I can ring? Thank you.
Do you still have any paper bills from the EDP, maybe their phone number is on that ?
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have all the bills. The phone numbers are all Lisbon and hopeless!
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried this number................

Contactos a partir do estrangeiro para clientes EDP: +351 213 53 53 53

Contacts from abroad for EDP customers: +351 213 53 53 53
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I have but a Portuguese friend gave me a different number and lo and behold I got to speak to Customer Support to a very nice man in English and he was extremely helpful. They are very sympathetic and understanding in the current situation and will not take action as long as you send a reading in now and again. From England the number is 00351210016384. I hope this is helpful to someone who is worried.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Presumably while you are away you are using very little if any electric so you can estimate and submit readings online monthly (as we do)?
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we will get there!
Old Mar 4th 2021, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

You can also go into your Client's page on the EDP website - Area de Apoio - pedidos de Apoio - Select Service - Energia - Indicate Motif - and down at the bottom of the list is Leituras (Readings) - and choose "Quero saber como comunicar leituras" and then you can type in the box ... and add scanned documents to say you are stuck in UK and what to do ...
Note that the Selection boxes function when you click on the word in the box, NOT the little downward pointing arrow to the right !!! Just another little frustration with EDP!

But now you have succeeded with the phone line, all is well for you - just thought this might be useful for others stuck in the same boat.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that it may well be useful. Just wish they had the app in English🤬
Old Mar 4th 2021, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robcarolyn
Thanks for that it may well be useful. Just wish they had the app in English🤬
Use Google Translate on Chrome browser(I'm sure you can translate in other browsers)
Old Mar 4th 2021, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Old Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really nice

Just out of interest, in the campo around Tavira, EDP are currently changing all of their meters to "smart" ones that they can read remotely.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Our meter was changed over a year ago so that we never have to submit meter readings anymore. Our house is in the middle of Tavira. Makes things much easier
Old Mar 4th 2021, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

My meter was also changed a year ago, but it won't be able to send readings until they change the area transformer.

I agree, use translation option on the web page, that makes things much easier.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by liveaboard
My meter was also changed a year ago, but it won't be able to send readings until they change the area transformer.

I agree, use translation option on the web page, that makes things much easier.
That's very strange because since we had this change done to our meter a good while ago, we have had accurate readings ever since and no further estimated bills.

We had to take in consecutive readings at least 2 on the same day then go to the EDP office in town with these readings and that set up the new computerised system.

Possibly not Smart meters, but we do not get anymore estimated bills. Strange things do happen with meter readings in Portugal though.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere on another post some months ago there was a discussion which involved the usefulness or otherwise of smart meters - it came to the conclusion that smart meters are installed and then it is pot luck as to whether one has to continue doing the monthly reading online (especially where like ours it is not accessible from the street) or if the smart meter is actually readable at "head office" or wherever the computer is? Basically if the little red light on the meter is flashing it is NOT connected (probably as above, needing new transformer or other update in that particular area). If the red light is steady, it is connected so readings at the meter are no longer needed.
Well done Robbie - you are connected and should have a steady red light ...
Liveaboard - you are like us - flashing light?
O-B - good luck with that new system.
It is not as if we are out in the sticks, on a fairly main road, other houses all round, new meter put in by the front door, when we had the rewiring done a year ago, and still got the blinking blinking light!