Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Driving time from Spain to Algarve

Wikiposts

Driving time from Spain to Algarve

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of
Default Re: Driving time from Spain to Algarve

Two questions:
1 Anyone know of any Promotional Codes for P&O to obtain discount

2 Earlier in the summer Brittany Ferries anounced a new route for 2009 from Portsmouth to Santander saying it would take 8 hours less time than P&O. Anyone know any more about that.

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

The only ways I know of to get discount on P&O is 1 to use quidco or 2 if you have a blue badge then through the disabled drivers association.
If anybody knows of any others I would be pleased if they could be shared.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Driving time from Spain to Algarve

Originally Posted by brodev
If you travel via Seville then there are little, if any, toll charges
Its about €18 right up at the top near Bilbao but after that all the way to Ayamonte via Sevilla it is free for now. A long new stretch round Caceres is almost complete and then it will be motorway from the dock gates to Faro.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Green_shutters
Two questions:
1 Anyone know of any Promotional Codes for P&O to obtain discount

2 Earlier in the summer Brittany Ferries anounced a new route for 2009 from Portsmouth to Santander saying it would take 8 hours less time than P&O. Anyone know any more about that.

Thanks
Not found any cheap fares for P&O from Portsmouth but would be interested to know what quidco is. The new Brittany route is still on for next spring and I think they use faster ships and a direct route so like their Plymouth route they will be quicker and competition should bring the fares down.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

https://www.quidco.com/
This is a money back cooperative at present offers 6% on P&O
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Its about €18 right up at the top near Bilbao
I think you may not be correct here. I believe there is no toll from Santander although there may be from Bilbao.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Can confirm what John & Kath said Brittany Ferries will start a faster service from Mach 2009 will be about 8 hrs quicker. This quote from B F 20 mins ago.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brodev
I think you may not be correct here. I believe there is no toll from Santander although there may be from Bilbao.
Yes the toll is NE of Burgos and we met someone at the ferry terminal who told us that NW to Santander the motorway was toll free.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by John & Kath
the toll is NE of Burgos
From Burgos to Vitoria / Gasteiz, around 7 euros if I'm not mistaken.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PubChampion
From Burgos to Vitoria / Gasteiz, around 7 euros if I'm not mistaken.
I drive this route at least twice a year and I have found little benefit in using the toll road. Without sat nav it is difficult to avoid it as all the signs point to it.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of

Isn't the alternative a single carriageway?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

ke29 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

weºre thinking of driving from the uk,manchester are to portugal, lisbon, how long would this take
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PubChampion
Isn't the alternative a single carriageway?
Part single, part double, not very crowded.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

To KE29 we live in wiltshire going from portsmouth to bilbio then down to western algarve according to google would take you 21 hours so allow three days comfortable driving.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ke29
hi

weºre thinking of driving from the uk,manchester are to portugal, lisbon, how long would this take
There is no definitive reply to this as there are so many variables. I drive from Glasgow to Lisbon and then on to Faro. I go to Hull and get the overnight ferry to Zeebrugge. I drive to Poitiers and spend the night there, next to Salamanca and another stop. Next day Lisbon, total 4 days 3 nights. No toll roads. Just 1 example.
Alternative, Drive to Plymouth, ferry overnight to Santander, drive to Lisbon. 2 days 1 night. I have done this but I do not like driving past Birmingham as the traffic is chaotic IMHO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.