British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Driving licence medical - what's involved? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/driving-licence-medical-whats-involved-940754/)

Loafing Along Oct 16th 2021 5:00 pm

Re: Driving licence medical - what's involved?

Originally Posted by Artfuldodger128 (Post 13062400)
Question - can the medical test be done at a local government health centre, or does it have to be done privately?

If it can be done at the local government health centre, do they charge for the service? If so, then how much?

The answer is some do, some don't . I know our local one will not and you do it privately with a registered doctor who then uploads the certificate to the IMT website. Costs about €35,-

Artfuldodger128 Oct 17th 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks - let me approach my local health centre and see if they would offer the service.

santaanita Oct 17th 2021 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 13062402)
The answer is some do, some don't . I know our local one will not and you do it privately with a registered doctor who then uploads the certificate to the IMT website. Costs about €35,-

just had some friends have a medical for this in Lousa central PT,insisted on ECG and Blood test ,10 euro each for ecg and a whopping 50 euro each for blood test then his fee on top of 35 euro OUCH

Alan PT Oct 17th 2021 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13062676)
just had some friends have a medical for this in Lousa central PT,insisted on ECG and Blood test ,10 euro each for ecg and a whopping 50 euro each for blood test then his fee on top of 35 euro OUCH

Hmm, sounds dodgy, 50 euro for blood test, really???

I paid 29 euro total for my online test

santaanita Oct 17th 2021 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Alan PT (Post 13062682)
Hmm, sounds dodgy, 50 euro for blood test, really???

I paid 29 euro total for my online test

online blood test thats clever

Alan PT Oct 17th 2021 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13062687)
online blood test thats clever

:lol:

Not quite, though it did include an online eyesight check, which was just as silly and pointless as you might imagine ;)

Rambling archer Oct 18th 2021 10:21 am

Originally Posted by santaanita (Post 13062676)

Was this at a local SNS Health Centre, or perhaps a private clinic the friends normally use? The ECG and blood test cannot be relevant to the routine medical check for driving licence? Surely taking advantage of the visit to the doctor to do routine health screening ... Those look like private fees, and the DL-Medical is charged at 35 euros to include the Medic's fee, so there should not be a consultation fee added.

santaanita Oct 18th 2021 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Rambling archer (Post 13062844)
Was this at a local SNS Health Centre, or perhaps a private clinic the friends normally use? The ECG and blood test cannot be relevant to the routine medical check for driving licence? Surely taking advantage of the visit to the doctor to do routine health screening ... Those look like private fees, and the DL-Medical is charged at 35 euros to include the Medic's fee, so there should not be a consultation fee added.

it was a private clinic as they had hellish problems at Gois health centre,had two appointments booked last december and just sat there to be told we dont know where the doctor is.so when they got back from UK couple of weeks ago the asked me to help them get a private medical as all there other details for licence were in the system with IMT,i went with them in case translation was needed,the doctor is only in this clinic once a month so the appointment was made ,then the receptionist said they would need a ECG and bloodtest two days before appointment,i asked why and the reply was the doctor requires it,i asked for the doctors contact number to ask him directly but they refused to give it to me.