DHL trouble

Old Feb 29th 2020, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default DHL trouble

Seems like a reversal; GLS deliveries have been smooth but I'm having trouble with DHL.

email Thursday said delivery Friday, change it on their website if desired.
Website said I can't change it as it's out for delivery.
Next email said they can't deliver as the address is wrong [The address they have is not visible anywhere]. Click here to change address.
Website only says the address is wrong, all links circle back to the same page. Can't change anything.

And it says my parcel is out for delivery from the Lisbon office. I'm not near Lisbon.

Email Friday morning said out for delivery again.
Email Friday night said wrong address again, went through rigmarole above again.
Can't send mail through their form since it requires a valid postcode and my postcode does not compute. Neither do other local ones I tried.

The website is DHL.es. If I go to DHL.pt, it bounces me to Spain when any link is clicked.

So; who has had recent deliveries from DHL in Portugal? How did it go?
Old Feb 29th 2020, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DHL trouble

Try this.

Find your nearest DHL parcelshop finder

Go there in person, and ask them to help with having it redirected there, for you to collect. Might work!
Old Feb 29th 2020, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

That's a great idea; but it doesn't work. I tried in the past.
Local DHL shop is run by a friend of mine, he told me he can send and receive, but can't penetrate their system at all.
Even when the postcode of the DHL shop itself isn't recognized by the DHL system.

I'll call Monday morning, maybe I can get a human on the phone.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Strange.

Had to deliveries this week with no problem at all.

Depends where you are.

DHL has a massive base in Vitoria, Spain.

Incoming goods tend to go there first and then distributed to hubs, which probably includes Lisbon.

If you're in the boonies may take an extra day or so,

Doesn't explain their online tracking system though.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

I've had trouble with their system before, not recognizing our postcode.

It's possible that the real person who drives the van just didn't get here Friday, and the automated system is giving an error. On the other hand, it could be that they'll send it back to Germany on Monday.

These automated tracking systems don't actually work very well; some are just pretense. I forget which, maybe GLS, will tell you the actual position of your parcel in real time on a map.
Just fiction, the machine makes it up. My parcel was delivered while the machine said it was 100km from here.

They rarely predict the actual day of delivery, let alone the time. Maybe that works in the cities.

Old Mar 1st 2020, 9:43 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

DHL's .PT website just redirects to .es when you try to do anything other than read brochureware. The .es site doesn't recognise .PT shops or addresses so is useless. That said, I've always followed the advice from previous threads and included mobile number on first line, "Forename Surname TM: 967123456". The driver always calls and although usually unable to find the house I end up meeting him at the BP Garage just up the road.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Diddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
DHL's .PT website just redirects to .es when you try to do anything other than read brochureware. The .es site doesn't recognise .PT shops or addresses so is useless. That said, I've always followed the advice from previous threads and included mobile number on first line, "Forename Surname TM: 967123456". The driver always calls and although usually unable to find the house I end up meeting him at the BP Garage just up the road.
Same here. Packages still vanish into thin air, though.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Originally Posted by Diddion
Same here. Packages still vanish into thin air, though.
I had a vey expensive item "vanish" for 10 days. The last tracking info said "Available for pickup at depot" non of the usual places had it. I later found out that the "depot" was a CTT pickup point in Lisbon, once the packages were transferred from DHL to CTT no-one had a tracking number or location for 10 days! very frustrating.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

This morning the DHL tracking site shows my package "out for delivery" again, so someone seems to think they know where to take it.
I just wish it didn't say that it was in Lisboa...
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DHL driver showed up at my front gate at around 5PM.

The website and tracking is a mess but the people on the ground work ok.