Declaration of Oath / Affadavit - Residency Application

Wikiposts

Declaration of Oath / Affadavit - Residency Application

Old Jul 5th 2020, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

neilglen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Declaration of Oath / Affadavit - Residency Application

Hi Guys,

I have seen that for the financial requirement, you are asked to provide a declaration of oath / sworn affidavit that you have sufficient funds for residency.
Is there a template or specific process for doing this (signed with a lawyer etc.) that anyone has experience of? Would be looking at doing this in the Algarve region in mid to late August.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 11:14 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Declaration of Oath / Affadavit - Residency Application

A copy of a bank statement sufficed in my case with Lagoa camara in March.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

neilglen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Score76
A copy of a bank statement sufficed in my case with Lagoa camara in March.
Thank you. Can I check if this was one bank statement from a Portuguese bank account or whether you had to provide three months worth (and were these your regular bank statements or did you need to get anything certified?)
Old Jul 5th 2020, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Most Camara have residence form available on their website. Google?
Old Jul 5th 2020, 11:54 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilglen1
Thank you. Can I check if this was one bank statement from a Portuguese bank account or whether you had to provide three months worth (and were these your regular bank statements or did you need to get anything certified?)
Nothing certified, house purchase contract (ok that was already certified as part of the buying process), EDP bill, bank statement (Santander Totta), NIF and passport. Took a few days as they send it off to SEF. Collected certificate a few days later and paid the 15€ fee each.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it have to be a Portuguese bank account statemnt or can you use a UK one?
Old Jul 6th 2020, 2:54 am
Happiest in the sun

I would say if you don't have a Portuguese bank account the perception would be that you don't live here. It doesn't take long to open an account, Banco CTT offer a decent one with no fees. I couldn't recommend Santander Totta.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

meninonina is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing certified, house purchase contract (ok that was already certified as part of the buying process), EDP bill, bank statement (Santander Totta), NIF and passport. Took a few days as they send it off to SEF. Collected certificate a few days later and paid the 15€ fee each.
Hi Score76,
Did Lagoa camara require the 90 days? Or do they allow you to register before the 90 days?
Thank you!
Old Jul 6th 2020, 8:40 pm
Happiest in the sun

Originally Posted by meninonina
Hi Score76,
Did Lagoa camara require the 90 days? Or do they allow you to register before the 90 days?
Thank you!
It's my understanding that if you intend to stay longer than 90 days in one stint you should register not that you should register after this, but I was never asked.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say if you don't have a Portuguese bank account the perception would be that you don't live here. It doesn't take long to open an account, Banco CTT offer a decent one with no fees. I couldn't recommend Santander Totta.
Probably a good idea to get one when/if we arrive there.