Reload this Page >

Dealer 2nd Hand Car Web Sites..

Dealer 2nd Hand Car Web Sites..

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

RocksAndBikes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dealer 2nd Hand Car Web Sites..

Hiya Folks..

Does anyone know of any main dealers that have their own second hand car sales web sites.. i.e. they cover the whole country and will move them around for you too?

Thanks, Tony.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Luso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dealer 2nd Hand Car Web Sites..

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "moving them around" but heres a site that is mainly for used car dealers: http://stand.pt/
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

RocksAndBikes is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya,
thanks for that link i''ll take a look.. by moving them around i meant if a dealer has a car in Lisbon at their showroom they will move it to Porto if you want it...

Thanks, Tony.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Dealer 2nd Hand Car Web Sites..

I am buying another car from the Renault garage outside Faro but the car I wanted was in their dealership in Lisbon so they transported it down at no extra cost.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really nice

LUSO, wonder if these are related?

http://www.standvirtual.com/index.php?op=search&rub=0
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Luso is an unknown quantity at this point

JON_D

I don't believe they're related but it's a distinct possibility.

"Standvirtual" caters a lot more for the private seller than "StandPT" but there are still a large number of dealers that use it.

Unfortunately, this site (Standvirtual) has recently been hit by a few scammers, listing cars at Low prices (by Portuguese standards) and then, when you contact them, they'll ask you to ask questions in English and probably supply a UK number ...they'll tell you that..the cars in the UK..they'll ship it to you...you must send a deposit etc..etc..you know the story..I don't know if these guys are actually Brits or whatever..but just be careful and use your noggin.

Saying that...I've bought a couple of cars from private sellers using this site (Standvirtual) and they've been decent people with decent cars.

I can only advise people to initially speak to the seller(s) on the phone. If your Portuguese is basically crap, ask a Portuguese friend to phone for you. It may save you thousands compared to buying a used car from a dealer.

And, I think somebody mentioned this on another thread, cars are cheaper in Central and Northern continental Portugal....not as cheap as in Madeira though...are they Jon ...but those bloody shipping costs...ouch!

That's about it..I'll stop waffling now.