Criminal check

Old Jan 9th 2017, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Jackie67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal check

Hi,hope someone can help.have just moved to Portugal and need to register my pet Rottweiler as a potential dangerous dog.i need to provide a criminal check/record.has anyone any idea how to do this?do I need to go back to the UK?any advice would be grateful.thanks in advance
Old Jan 9th 2017, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Location: Costa de Caparica: 2007-2010. Then Olivais, Lisboa: 2010-2017. Currently back in Cambridge, UK.
ah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal check

Originally Posted by Jackie67
Hi,hope someone can help.have just moved to Portugal and need to register my pet Rottweiler as a potential dangerous dog.i need to provide a criminal check/record.has anyone any idea how to do this?do I need to go back to the UK?any advice would be grateful.thanks in advance
You need to go to the "campus de justica" nearest to you. The cost is 9 Euros. You will need to provide proof of ID, address - and the original notice or letter that requested the criminal check. They will give you a receipt. It takes 2 to 3 days to process. You then go to the same office again with the receipt and pick up the document by hand. Its fairly painless.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Also available at your local
Loja do Cidadão (normally in the council offices)

https://www.portaldocidadao.pt/web/lojas-edc/
Old Jan 9th 2017, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Location: Costa de Caparica: 2007-2010. Then Olivais, Lisboa: 2010-2017. Currently back in Cambridge, UK.
ah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond reputeah207 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Also available at your local
Loja do Cidadão (normally in the council offices)

https://www.portaldocidadao.pt/web/lojas-edc/
Actually, this was how I tried to get mine initialy - but was told at the Loja do Cidadão in Lisbon that the service is for Portuguese citizens only - which is why they directed me to the campus de justica. For what its worth, the service at the campus de justica was very fast on both visits - hardly any waiting. But as we've seen before in this forum, rules from region to region can vary.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ah207
Actually, this was how I tried to get mine initialy - but was told at the Loja do Cidadão in Lisbon that the service is for Portuguese citizens only - which is why they directed me to the campus de justica. For what its worth, the service at the campus de justica was very fast on both visits - hardly any waiting. But as we've seen before in this forum, rules from region to region can vary.
Yes indeed liek you say, region to region or even depending the person you have on the day, I got mine from the Loja do Cidadão in 2014
Old Jan 10th 2017, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ah207
You need to go to the "campus de justica" nearest to you. The cost is 9 Euros. You will need to provide proof of ID, address - and the original notice or letter that requested the criminal check. They will give you a receipt. It takes 2 to 3 days to process. You then go to the same office again with the receipt and pick up the document by hand. Its fairly painless.
Thank you so much for this information
Old Jan 10th 2017, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Yes indeed liek you say, region to region or even depending the person you have on the day, I got mine from the Loja do Cidadão in 2014
Thank you for your reply.lisbon isn't too far from me
Old Jan 11th 2017, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the information.went to Lisbon today.got to the office at 9.05 and had my certificate by 9.25.aling with the help of Google translate!!my pet Rottweiler is now officially a potential dangerous dog,much to the amusement of anybody that knows her.once again thank you
Old Jan 11th 2017, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Breed type is a poor predictor of behavior.