Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Covid TESTS ? WHERE do you take them in UK and Portugal ?

Covid TESTS ? WHERE do you take them in UK and Portugal ?

Old May 19th 2021, 9:08 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid TESTS ? WHERE do you take them in UK and Portugal ?

When you say 'just joined the NHS app ' could you pl provide full details as to how exactly one does that ?

And can it all be done on a laptop, or does it require a mobile 'phone ? And at the end of it all can you print out an NHS confirmation of having had the vaccinations ? Or can it be saved only to a mobile ? I am always anxious about the idea of 'showing your phone' eg for train and plane tickets...........What happens if your phone battery runs out ? Or it goes offline ? Or something else goes wrong ? Then what ? You are stuck at passport control for eternity ?
Old May 19th 2021, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riv
When you say 'just joined the NHS app ' could you pl provide full details as to how exactly one does that ?

And can it all be done on a laptop, or does it require a mobile 'phone ? And at the end of it all can you print out an NHS confirmation of having had the vaccinations ? Or can it be saved only to a mobile ? I am always anxious about the idea of 'showing your phone' eg for train and plane tickets...........What happens if your phone battery runs out ? Or it goes offline ? Or something else goes wrong ? Then what ? You are stuck at passport control for eternity ?
My understanding, maybe wrong, is that it is targeted at smartphones for the portability. You just download NHS app from the app store and it walks you through the process. If you wanted a paper copy of your vaccine history I presume you could do a screenshot, email to yourself then print from your laptop / PC.

Old May 19th 2021, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in England and as from yesterday now have the Covid Vaccination certificate on my NHS app.
Old May 19th 2021, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Saw in the news this morning that Europe is considering and nearly ready to approve, the idea that vaccinated folk from the UK will be able to travel to any EU country without tests to make the journey, just to present proof of full vaccination. And then it would be up to the UK as to what needs to be done for travel back from the likes of France and Spain where the numbers might still be bad enough to be on the Amber list. Decision by EU still pending, probably til the end of this week ---
Would you please tell me where you read that people from the UK might soon be able to go to countries within the EU just with the covid vaccination certificate. I read that soon people within the EU would be able to travel with their own covid vaccination certificate.
Old May 19th 2021, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbie20
Would you please tell me where you read that people from the UK might soon be able to go to countries within the EU just with the covid vaccination certificate. I read that soon people within the EU would be able to travel with their own covid vaccination certificate.
If you Google "EU to accept vaccine passports from Uk" there are many newspaper articles on it and it was also one of the lead stories on BBC news this morning.

Most articles suggest EU will make a decision this week.

Last edited by chislenko; May 19th 2021 at 10:27 am.
Old May 22nd 2021, 9:46 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

On the subj of the NHS's vaccination proof...........I have gone the paper route............Dial 119 and provide your NHS number and a few other ID details and they will send a paper certificate of vaccination.

Apparently it will include a QR Code which is specific to you - so should be acceptable as proof of vaccination by airlines and border officials.

I feel safer carrying a piece of paper folded into the passport than a document on a 'phone.
Old May 22nd 2021, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I logged into the NHS "app" on my desktop and printed the certificate off myself complete with qr code. No need to phone !
Old May 22nd 2021, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the EU wide vaccine passport, or is that too much to ask for??
Old May 22nd 2021, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

The UK can't even manage a UK-wide passport/certificate. Asking the EU to accept third country versions with reports like this might be a little optimistic.
Old May 22nd 2021, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
The UK can't even manage a UK-wide passport/certificate. Asking the EU to accept third country versions with reports like this might be a little optimistic.
I think as Spain has now proved money will out! No covid passport, no test, just bring your wallets!

Italy has nearly caught the UK in covid deaths but thousands of people are lining the streets for the Giro. The economy is obviously winning against the risk to life.

Last edited by chislenko; May 22nd 2021 at 6:00 pm.
Old May 22nd 2021, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko

Italy has nearly caught the UK in covid deaths but thousands of people are lining the streets for the Giro. The economy is obviously winning against the risk to life.

LOL..for the moment, while it waits for the billions and billions in Euros from ECB,
Beware exchange rate to sterling
Might be good for EU exports I suppose tho......