Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Covid Inoculation

Wikiposts

Covid Inoculation

Old Jun 17th 2021, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Inoculation

My partner and I both had our first vaccine yesterday. We called into the local health centre and specifically asked for the Pfizer vaccine and it was booked for a few days later on one of the days they had set aside for the Pfizer vaccine.

They are currently vaccinating people born circa 1971 - I think. It certainly runs very smoothly here and we are now booked in for the second dose in four weeks. We will get an EU vaccine passport too! Very impressive.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac and Mabel
From reading the Pt news, my understanding is that AZ is over 60s only, Janssen/J&J single dose is only for men or women over 50, so, whilst Pfizer and Moderna don’t have Pt age restrictions, I’m assuming they may be kept back somewhat for the age groups that can’t have the others. The only movement on this I’ve read about is for those under 60 who had their 1st dose with AZ before the age restriction came in; it is advised that they have either Pfizer or Moderna for their 2nd dose - but at the same interval as for AZ - but if they wish to continue with AZ, then they can and must sign a disclaimer. Pfizer and Moderna interval between jabs 28 days, AZ today reduced to 8 weeks because of worries about variants. I had read some time ago that you can’t choose which jab you want, and if you refuse the one offered to you - presumably without good reason, like it’s restricted for your age group - then back in the ‘queue’ you go again, and if you don’t like it again the next time, back you go again... And so on.
So are you implying a disclaimer isn't necessary for all vaccines? As they are in this experimental phase, till end of 2022, I understood one has to sign a form to relinquish the companies and governments of responsibility should anything go wrong. I believe this is how it works in Italy, for instance.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campos
So are you implying a disclaimer isn't necessary for all vaccines? As they are in this experimental phase, till end of 2022, I understood one has to sign a form to relinquish the companies and governments of responsibility should anything go wrong. I believe this is how it works in Italy, for instance.
I’m not, no; I’m only saying that I’ve read that, if one chooses to take a 2nd dose of AZ against DGS advice, one is required to sign that one’s been advised otherwise. I haven’t read anything about whether you do or whether you don’t have to more generally sign a disclaimer. And I don’t yet know from experience because I’m not having my 1st dose until next month.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Would be good to hear from those here who have been vaccinated whether they had to sign a release form.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice

First Vaccine last Sunday in Loule. Surprisingly, no disclaimer and no signature required
Old Jun 17th 2021, 6:57 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Would be good to hear from those here who have been vaccinated whether they had to sign a release form.
No - it's exactly as stated by M&M.

You only sign if you're in the group for which it's recommended that you have a different vaccine but there's none other available and you still wish to be vaccinated.

I've had my 2 doses of Pfizer without any signature required on any form.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

This is interesting. I wonder if it's a legal thing, different from country to country, Or another technicality, different for non-citizens, for instance...
Old Jun 18th 2021, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lou71
My partner and I both had our first vaccine yesterday. We called into the local health centre and specifically asked for the Pfizer vaccine and it was booked for a few days later on one of the days they had set aside for the Pfizer vaccine.

They are currently vaccinating people born circa 1971 - I think. It certainly runs very smoothly here and we are now booked in for the second dose in four weeks. We will get an EU vaccine passport too! Very impressive.
Where are you Lou? I wonder if this request option is possible elsewhere...
Old Jun 18th 2021, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
If the method of providing the vaccine is anything like the one in Spain it will depend on what vaccines are available that dictates the age of the person being called. For example, here the 50´s to 60´s were called before the over 70´s due to the older group receiving the Pfizer one and the others having the AZ. Delivery of some of the vaccines to the various centres has had its hiccups too so this also has effected the programme.

Rosemary
Where are you Lou? I wonder if this request option is possible elsewhere...
We are in Castro Marim.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

borisface is an unknown quantity at this point

Interestingly the awful Johnson government agreed to a clause exempting AZ against future class actions in the event of deaths/disability, something which the EU refused to do and partly explains why the UK received the AZ vaccines before the EU.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by borisface
Interestingly the awful Johnson government agreed to a clause exempting AZ against future class actions in the event of deaths/disability, something which the EU refused to do and partly explains why the UK received the AZ vaccines before the EU.
And Red Eric had the Pfizer without signing a release he said.. Go figure.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by borisface
That sounds about right!
Old Jun 19th 2021, 2:06 am
Just Joined

CALewis is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been really lucky. Just had my second dose of Pfizer in Ourém. Had to stand and wait in a queue for an hour and a half both times, but very well looked after. My daughter, born in 1981, has just had her call up. The great thing is that my local health centre in Fátima has probably the only English speaking medical secretary in the whole of Central Portugal. She is a real star and has been so helpful in making sure I know where to go and what to do.

Now if only I could change my fiscal address that has taken 3 months, several phone calls, and a round trip of 200 km, I would be a happy woman!!! ( I am trying to not worry about the driving licence thing lol)
Old Jun 21st 2021, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Has anyone used the Open House for Over 70s system yet? Where you just walk up, show ID and have priority? We are thinking of going to Silves.

Old Jun 21st 2021, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
Has anyone used the Open House for Over 70s system yet? Where you just walk up, show ID and have priority? We are thinking of going to Silves.
Already had both jabs at Silves...first at Centro but second done at Fossil building....nice and easy. Think all at Fossil now.
Presume you will need your SNS number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.