Covid Inoculation

Wikiposts

Covid Inoculation

Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Rubberlegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Covid Inoculation

Hello All,

I was wondering the other day, if I am the oldest person in Portugal to not to have been offered a Covid Jab?

Born in April 1954 that makes me 67.

I have tried 5 times to ask if I am on the list, by computer and phoned up.

Curt replies: 'You will just have to wait your turn' (lovely).

I am an official resident with paper work to prove it early December 2020, I have a NIFF, NISS , Health Number with Centro de Saude.
Just bought and paid for my own house, paying around 30,000 in tax to the government etc etc.

I was registered with Lagos, C de S. hospital, which they tell me is 'very slow'. or perhaps glacial?

Of course I am British and not Portuguese, is that relevant?

Is a brown envelope my only hope?

When I see newspapers suggesting 45 year old's are soon to be offered a jab, I wonder if I am the new
'Invisible man' - showing my age there!

Information or suggestions gratefully received as to what I do next?

Regards, Rubberlegs
Old Jun 16th 2021, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Inoculation

You do what everyone else without medical condition priority has done, go online to the DGS self scheduling page and book your vaccination.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 7:26 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

The Link to that page might be helpful.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

you say you tried "by computer", but that's a big area.
On the covid webpage, make sure your phone number is registered in their system.
When I was called by our local health center, I asked why my older OH hadn't been called yet and it turned out hey didn't have a phone number registered, so they'd just skipped it.

Emphasize your age when you talk to them, insist you must have been missed by the system.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your nationality; non-nationals spread disease and appear in stats equally.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rubberlegs
Hello All,

I was wondering the other day, if I am the oldest person in Portugal to not to have been offered a Covid Jab?

Born in April 1954 that makes me 67.

I have tried 5 times to ask if I am on the list, by computer and phoned up.

Curt replies: 'You will just have to wait your turn' (lovely).

I am an official resident with paper work to prove it early December 2020, I have a NIFF, NISS , Health Number with Centro de Saude.
Just bought and paid for my own house, paying around 30,000 in tax to the government etc etc.

I was registered with Lagos, C de S. hospital, which they tell me is 'very slow'. or perhaps glacial?

Of course I am British and not Portuguese, is that relevant?

Is a brown envelope my only hope?

When I see newspapers suggesting 45 year old's are soon to be offered a jab, I wonder if I am the new
'Invisible man' - showing my age there!

Information or suggestions gratefully received as to what I do next?

Regards, Rubberlegs
Not helpful that they haven’t told you when you’ve contacted, but since over 80s and over 50s with specific health conditions, I don’t believe anyone’s been ‘called up’; you have to book yourself in here:

https://covid19.min-saude.pt/pedido-de-agendamento/
Old Jun 16th 2021, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I was called up by my local health center a month ago. I've now had 2 shots.
I'm 59.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

No health problems, just turned 50, had them message me 2 weeks ago giving an appointment time for first shot.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 16th 2021, 9:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If the method of providing the vaccine is anything like the one in Spain it will depend on what vaccines are available that dictates the age of the person being called. For example, here the 50´s to 60´s were called before the over 70´s due to the older group receiving the Pfizer one and the others having the AZ. Delivery of some of the vaccines to the various centres has had its hiccups too so this also has effected the programme.

Rosemary
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

suggest you get an appointment with your GP at the local c de s.....he can ensure you are in the correct category and change if necessary.you must also check that they have the correct phone number for you (they had mine down incorrectly and despite being older than you never got a call or text)
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Just go to Mac and Mabel's post, click on the link, enter your date of birth and then complete the form. It could not be simpler.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if one can express a preference for AZ over Pfizer, for instance? I'm in the vaccine age range but somewhat hesitant. A scientist friend tells me that the virus and its variants is in its 'lethargy' phase and it might be wiser to wait until autumn at least, if I decide to go ahead.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campos
I wonder if one can express a preference for AZ over Pfizer, for instance? I'm in the vaccine age range but somewhat hesitant. A scientist friend tells me that the virus and its variants is in its 'lethargy' phase and it might be wiser to wait until autumn at least, if I decide to go ahead.
You take whatever they decide to stick you with

No choice
Old Jun 17th 2021, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Campos
Surely though if you decide to wait you may have "missed the bus". By the time you have had your 2 jabs it will possibly be August/September. Then you have a couple of weeks to allow the 2nd jab to take full affect. That takes you to autumn and we all know what last autumn heralded.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Campos
Surely though if you decide to wait you may have "missed the bus". By the time you have had your 2 jabs it will possibly be August/September. Then you have a couple of weeks to allow the 2nd jab to take full affect. That takes you to autumn and we all know what last autumn heralded.
Yes, I follow the vaccine early-adopter logic. It's yet to be seen how next winter will pan out for those vaccinated up to the summer.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campos
From reading the Pt news, my understanding is that AZ is over 60s only, Janssen/J&J single dose is only for men or women over 50, so, whilst Pfizer and Moderna don’t have Pt age restrictions, I’m assuming they may be kept back somewhat for the age groups that can’t have the others. The only movement on this I’ve read about is for those under 60 who had their 1st dose with AZ before the age restriction came in; it is advised that they have either Pfizer or Moderna for their 2nd dose - but at the same interval as for AZ - but if they wish to continue with AZ, then they can and must sign a disclaimer. Pfizer and Moderna interval between jabs 28 days, AZ today reduced to 8 weeks because of worries about variants. I had read some time ago that you can’t choose which jab you want, and if you refuse the one offered to you - presumably without good reason, like it’s restricted for your age group - then back in the ‘queue’ you go again, and if you don’t like it again the next time, back you go again... And so on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.