Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Condominium extraordinary meeting

Condominium extraordinary meeting

Old Jul 4th 2022, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Rose02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Condominium extraordinary meeting

We have had an extraordinary meeting called by our condominium solicitor via our administrator.
this is to ‘discuss’ and vote on matters relating to the owner of a bar and also 1 fraction. Therefore the condominium solicitor represents the bar owner but has called a meeting as the solicitor and administrator say there are complaints about them. So while representing them she will be holding a meeting against them. Is this correct. Also should there be an independent chairperson?
Old Jul 4th 2022, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Condominium extraordinary meeting

Originally Posted by Rose02
We have had an extraordinary meeting called by our condominium solicitor via our administrator.
this is to ‘discuss’ and vote on matters relating to the owner of a bar and also 1 fraction. Therefore the condominium solicitor represents the bar owner but has called a meeting as the solicitor and administrator say there are complaints about them. So while representing them she will be holding a meeting against them. Is this correct. Also should there be an independent chairperson?
Hi Rose, and welcome to BE.

You've posted this in The Welcome Inn, which is a general forum for people to introduce themselves, so it's not clear what country your condominium is in. If you can let us know, we can move the thread to the relevant country forum.

HTH.
Old Jul 4th 2022, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

My apologies. I was so busy reading all the forums that I accidentally sent it on the wrong one!
This is in Portugal.
sorry again.
Old Jul 4th 2022, 4:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies. I was so busy reading all the forums that I accidentally sent it on the wrong one!
This is in Portugal.
sorry again.
No problem at all, I'll move it across for you now. Hopefully the lovely folks in the Portugal forum will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2022, 6:20 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

This is in Portugal.
sorry again.
The procedures to be followed by condominiums are laid down in law..... but whether or not this will cover this circumstance, I don't know.

Firstly it might be worth talking to someone at the Camara (they usually have a solicitor on board) and if you are in Lisbon or north of there you may also be able to speak to the Julgados de Paz (who provide legal information). You may equally find that if the Camara can't help you themselves they can point you to a local lawyer who has a reasonable charge for short consultations.... Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2022, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Rose, and welcome to BE.

You've posted this in The Welcome Inn, which is a general forum for people to introduce themselves, so it's not clear what country your condominium is in. If you can let us know, we can move the thread to the relevant country forum.

HTH.
Originally Posted by macliam
The procedures to be followed by condominiums are laid down in law..... but whether or not this will cover this circumstance, I don't know.

Firstly it might be worth talking to someone at the Camara (they usually have a solicitor on board) and if you are in Lisbon or north of there you may also be able to speak to the Julgados de Paz (who provide legal information). You may equally find that if the Camara can't help you themselves they can point you to a local lawyer who has a reasonable charge for short consultations.... Good luck.
thank you. I am just really enquiring on behalf of the bar owner,who feels a little ‘ganged up on’, to see if it is all legal and above board.