Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Change Address on Residencia

Change Address on Residencia

Old Aug 22nd 2021, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Bucbar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change Address on Residencia

Does anyone know how you can do a change of address on line with SEF re.change of address or is it a case of going into there offices?
I live in Portugal.

Last edited by Bucbar; Aug 22nd 2021 at 8:51 am. Reason: Error
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change Address on Residencia

Originally Posted by Bucbar
Does anyone know how you can do a change of address on line with SEF re.change of address or is it a case of going into there offices?
I live in Portugal.
The problems with SEF seem to be that Covid shut down combined with the official government breakup of SEF and eventually farming out of their various departments to other Agencies (which is still being sorted out), means that we are all still waiting to get our Residencia CRUEs in A4 paper form, updated into biometric cards within the Withdrawal Agreement of Brexit, and anyone applying for Residencia since December 31st, are also in Limbo. You might try to communicate online via email [email protected] . We have new passports, several folk have moved, or have other information that needs updating, and it seems to be that all this will get sorted when they finally send out the appointments for the biometrics bits to be done - there is a promise of October, but don't hold your breath. Supposedly all govt offices should be available for person to person approach without prior appointments as we go into the next Phase of relaxation of the Covid Rules - end of August?
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change Address on Residencia

Originally Posted by Bucbar
I live in Portugal.
Good grief!
Good luck
I did mine when we moved house 3 years ago
I had to make an appointment at Sétubal to do it in person
took 6 or 7 months
Then when the new document finally arrived they sent me a letter saying come and pick it up on the 27th of December, and if you cant make that dial this number to rebook
I was in UK for xmas on 27th so dialled the central SEF number
They said, not 'our' job, phone 'them' at SEF Sétubal (inverted commas to show that they are actually the same organisation)
After 3 days calling Sétubal SEF finally answered phone
You know whats coming ....
No, its not 'our' job its 'theirs' at SEF central
But I already called them and they said to call you ...
No
Phoned central again
No, its 'their' job
mmmmm, what now?
Think like a Portuguese .....
I just went to SEF Sétubal, with no appointment, talked to the security guard, he winked and said he would see what he could do
5 minutes later he came back and told me to go straight to desk No. X, dont bother with a senha
Got to desk and she gave me the new residency document

I'm not ever moving again

Although, apart from the ridiculously long wait (that will be much worse now I guess given the SEF shenanigans), the process would have been relatively painless If I could have made the appointment to pick up my new documents
No wait in a SEF waiting room can be described as enjoyable mind you.