CGD bank

Old Aug 6th 2019, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute
Default CGD bank

I have banked with CGD for many years and have never paid a yearly charge for my debit card ( Visa Electron). They took 18 Euros! This is on top of the 5 Euros a month just to have an account!
Old Aug 6th 2019, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CGD bank

Originally Posted by morro
I have banked with CGD for many years and have never paid a yearly charge for my debit card ( Visa Electron). They took 18 Euros! This is on top of the 5 Euros a month just to have an account!
It would probably be worth speaking to your branch to see if either something has changed or a mistake has been made.

We're with Novobank and they made it clear that there were no charges for debit cards from the start but that could maybe change in the future.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morro

Millennium pretty much the same. The teller was aghast when I showed him my latest rewards statement from NatWest. The concept of banks rewarding / bribing you to stay with them was really quite alien to him.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Debit cards and cash machines were invented to save the banks from hiring tellers.
If they charge us for the debit cards, do we have the choice to go back to taking out cash over the counter?
Why should we keep our money in banks anyway?
They pay no interest and they aren't very safe.

Hmm.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

DiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't switch to Activo? They charge nothing for account/debit card etc.
They have a decent app and you visit them only once to set up account and get your cards (within a few minutes of opening an account)
Still don't get why people pay for having an account.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Do they have any physical locations to deposit or withdraw larger amounts than allowed at multi banco?
Old Aug 7th 2019, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

DiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond reputeDiDAN has a reputation beyond repute

You can deposit in any Millenium branch as they are in the same group of companies.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

We had been paying CGD an annual debit card fee ever since opening the account in 2009, always around 15-18€. Then current account fees were introduced even if you had above a certain amount a few years ago, but if you had the required amount in a savings account with them (5000€?), then it’s only 2-3€ per month including fee free debit card.