Reload this Page >

Campervan matriculation

Campervan matriculation

Old Nov 21st 2019, 6:26 am
Just Joined

SimonR108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Campervan matriculation

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to matriculate my UK campervan to PORTUGUESE plates. Does anyone know the regulations concerning the location of the door?I understand that the position of the door may be a reason why the process may not be possible?
Any ideas??
Cheers, Simon
Old Nov 21st 2019, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Campervan matriculation

It all depends on the individual inspector doing the matriculation inspection but some have been known to fail a vehicle because the cabin door opens on to the traffic side of the road.

Also, if it's a home conversion then they sometimes refuse on that as the changes post date the Certificate of Conformity which is equally ridiculous.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 6:58 am
Just Joined

SimonR108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mfesharne for your comment about the location of the campervan door.
Does anyone have any advise for me on the method of matriculation of my campervan?
Am I wasting my time and money trying to register my campervan to Portuguese plates?
Has anyone already done this process already??
Simon
​​​​
Old Nov 21st 2019, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonR108
Thanks mfesharne for your comment about the location of the campervan door.
Does anyone have any advise for me on the method of matriculation of my campervan?
Am I wasting my time and money trying to register my campervan to Portuguese plates?
Has anyone already done this process already??
Simon
​​​​
The best thing to do is consult a proper matriculation agent NOT a lawyer, a banker or some bloke in the local cafe but rather a proper matriculation agent & you really need to find one in your local area................. So where are you & how old is the vehicle?