Calling UK

Old Feb 8th 2019, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Karmal123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling UK

I will be running my own business when I move over and I would like my clients to ring me without them knowing that I am in another country, I also want to be able to ring the UK and Portugal on the same number.
i don’t want to have 2 mobiles one for calling the UK and one for calling Portugal and then a main line where I can get cheap calls in Portugal but expensive calls to UK
Does anyone run a business and know how to do this.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Pgmills is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling UK

Try a voip.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pgmills
Try a voip.
Yup use Skype
Old Feb 10th 2019, 11:51 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.giffgaff.com

I suggest you have a look at the giffgaff website.

From memory I believe they are one of the providers recommended by WHICH.

I am not with them ( yet ~but am considering switching from EE ).

As far as I can see their charging rates are v reasonable and their roaming permits you to make calls abroad at the same rates ( but maybe there is something I have not understood ? ).

So if you went with them you would have one UK number ( which could be your existing mob number ) and then you could use it in Portugal and be rung in Portugal by people who would dial only your UK number. They would not know where you were ( tho there might be a switching sound which could alert them to your not being in the UK ? ) .

Anyway, i would check it out. They do PAYG again at v reasonable rates, so you are not committing yourself to a long contract.

If you do use it and find it satisfactory ( or not ) pl report back on your findings !
Old Feb 10th 2019, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Karmal123 is an unknown quantity at this point

the problem I see with that is that it will be more costly for Portuguese people to call a UK number not sure how to get round that.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 6:31 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Well - if you consider you must have just the one number and that it must be a UK based number I am not sure there is a way round it : you could invite people to text you with a view to you calling them back ?

Can one ask what services you will be providing ? Depending on the sort of client you are seeking to attract it may be that the cost of making an international call is not off putting to them ?
Old Feb 11th 2019, 6:35 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

Another thought : I suppose it would be possible to set up a Portuguese number ~ perhaps a landline ~and program it to switch automatically to your UK mobile number. But then you would pay for the switch and the international calling. ( And the Portuguese landline ~ but maybe you will be having one of those anyway ~ ).

But at least it means that Portuguese clients have a local number to ring.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Call centers across the globe manage that without a problem, You call a UK umber and you are speaking to someone in India or Indonesia! Company based out of Sydney you call them and you are speaking to the Philippines and you would never know it