CAD Jobs?

Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Natbag is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile CAD Jobs?

Hi, havn't been on here for a while. Well I eventually made to move to live here in the Algarve, Ferragudo specifically. Straight to the point....

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get work or even some work experience as a CAD technician. I am a 27yr old female with 2/3 yrs UK experience and approx. 70% fluent in portuguese. A week work experience would make my day and a job....well lets just hope I get there.

Any advice, contacts at all would be so helpful!! Thanks in advance for anyone who replies.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice
Default Re: CAD Jobs?

I doubt it's easy to find anything at all locally but have you considered approaching companies in the UK to work freelance for them remotely - even your old employer perhaps?

Another thing to consider for anything technical is the freelance jobboards such as Elance or Odesk.

Good luck!

B
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:12 am
Time is always a problem

jogl will become famous soon enoughjogl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Natbag
Hi, havn't been on here for a while. Well I eventually made to move to live here in the Algarve, Ferragudo specifically. Straight to the point....

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get work or even some work experience as a CAD technician. I am a 27yr old female with 2/3 yrs UK experience and approx. 70% fluent in portuguese. A week work experience would make my day and a job....well lets just hope I get there.

Any advice, contacts at all would be so helpful!! Thanks in advance for anyone who replies.
I know it's a bit tangential to CAD but perhaps a way to make yourself very, very valuable to all expats and learn the other 30% PT is to discover what the planning and building control process is in the Algarve. I'm sure it's different in each Camara and seems to be a black art, all smoke and mirrors.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Natbag is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both for your responses, I really appreciate it!

Freelance...not sure I have enough experience to go freelance iv got 2/3 yrs experience. I will definately give it a shot though, got nothing to loose!

As for building and planning regs here.....crazy labrinth im not sure anyone will ever get to the bottom of that. Again, I will give it a go!

For anyone else that may be interested, I found a great site for technical types jobs which is updated daily. I actually found a couple of CAD(desenhador) jobs which I applied for. They are few & far between but its great to see that vacancies do sometimes exist.

www.empregosonline.pt

Thanks again