Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Buying an apartment

Buying an apartment

Old Apr 9th 2015, 5:57 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying an apartment

sounds like more's the merrier...lets all PM for phone exchange yes?
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

We do the same - ish - but loking for doubles of people we'«ve known.

Deb - you have my pm - for any one else, we'll be at Abolo, near the pizza place, the one with the yellow chairs. Sorry if I've got that wrong, only been going there for 9 years - we just call is Nizette's

If you'd like to meet, pm me
Old Jul 8th 2015, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Pathymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VeganDJH
Hi there. I am considering purchasing an apartment in the Algarve (planning ahead for retirement!). Will be taking a look at the Cabanas/Tavira area soon but have seen comments re build quality of apartment blocks and wondered if there were any that have good reputations re build quality before I begin. I'm also very familiar with the Vilamoura area but you seem to get more for your money to the East. Carvoeiro is another favoured spot but a little longer to get to from airport so trying to be practical for long weekends. Any comments gratefully received. Many thanks in advance.
Hi VeganDJH, we are about to start the same journey. What are your findings, advice and suggestions? please share. Thx
Old Jul 8th 2015, 8:52 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's nothing short of VERY fun and VERY frustrating....follow our posts to see how we did the move this year ...maybe it will help in some small way. GOOD LUCK
Old Jul 13th 2015, 12:31 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Also worth at least considering wider than the Algarve. We moved to Portugal about 18 months ago, spent a year in Estoril which was great, and ended up buying in Azeitao, about 30 mins south of Lisbon. I spent a lot of time in the Algarve as a kid and have an uncle with a place down there so love it there too. But prices round here are a bit cheaper, the beaches (ok this is controversial) are better and the weather is pretty much the same maybe 1-2 degrees off which is not necessarily a bad thing. We can get to Lisbon in 30 minutes which is handy, airport in 40 mins so lots of choice of direct flights to UK but also Brazil and US where we have family.

When we first came over, we did not really have much idea where we'd end up, and we pretty much visited the whole coast from the Algarve up to Porto and this place just ticked all the boxes for us.

Downside is fewer expats, but there are some around and obviously a lot in Lisbon if you really need your fix.