Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Biocard details wrong info

Biocard details wrong info

Old Dec 7th 2022, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Biocard details wrong info

Went to Tavira yesterday to have photo taken etc for Biocard.
On my original application (a year ago) the online form would only accept 6 digits from my passport (only 6 spaces for it)
Well, it was all used and logged.
I mentioned it on here a few weeks ago and was advised that any changes to data should be made on the day of the final application.
So I did that yesterday, along with another error on the original application.
Of course the bloke that was filling it all in online had my passport.
So I would assume that all of the errors have been amended
This morning looking at the same basic detail page, one error has been amended, but my passport number still only shows 6 digits.
Question is..........should I request a DUC now?
I have no idea what they actually have down as my passport number.
Other thing is does the ID have our passport numbers on it anyway?
Any suggestions?
Tried calling but no reply

Last edited by wellinever; Dec 7th 2022 at 9:44 am.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biocard details wrong info

Always something, isn't there?

I've rung the helpline and they told me we had to go back to Beja, to sort it out.

On the piece of paper we were given as we were leaving, it states that if anything is wrong, to contact SEF and wait their reply. I've sent two e-mails off since last Friday and no answer yet.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

hi....But does the biocard have reference to a UK passport number??
Old Dec 7th 2022, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
Always something, isn't there?

I've rung the helpline and they told me we had to go back to Beja, to sort it out.

On the piece of paper we were given as we were leaving, it states that if anything is wrong, to contact SEF and wait their reply. I've sent two e-mails off since last Friday and no answer yet.
I am trying to call what I see as the helpline (21 711 5000) but it just picks up but nothing or anyone on the phone.just silence.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

thought I would call UK embassy in Lisbon (recorded message starts with condolences about death of Queen, and do you want to make a donation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
no use at all there, they have no info at all...end of.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

wellinever..residence card doesn't have passport no.
details on card:
DOB
EXPIRY DATE
NATIONALITY
ADDRESS
DATE OF APPOINTMENT FOR CARD
PLACE OF BIRTH
NIF/UTENTE NOS
RESIDENT NO
Old Dec 7th 2022, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by toots sweet
wellinever..residence card doesn't have passport no.
details on card:
DOB
EXPIRY DATE
NATIONALITY
ADDRESS
DATE OF APPOINTMENT FOR CARD
PLACE OF BIRTH
NIF/UTENTE NOS
RESIDENT NO

Erm.....so maybe no worry about passport number at all.
Indeed just the info you mention is what I was asked to provide at the interview, no passport number asked for, although as I said the interviewer wanted to see my passport, so the assumption was he was doing something with it.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

so i emailed Tavira sef and explained the dilema.
here is their answer............

Digitalize o passaporte, apenas a página biográfica onde consta os seus dados e a fotografia, para se retificar no sistema antes da emissão do cartão.

(translation.................Scan your passport, just the biodata page where your data and photograph are located, to be rectified in the system before the card is issued)

suggesting to me that they did nothing to change the passport number, which is clearly registered somewhere in the system even if not shown on the card, maybe in the chip?
they dont say but i suppose they want me to email a scanned copy to them!!!!

Last edited by wellinever; Dec 7th 2022 at 11:14 am.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Update.emailed SEF Tavira and very fast response, emailed scanned passport, all info now correct according to portal.
But when I go to request DUC there is no € amount mentioned...............is this normal or should I wait until it gives an amount (if it ever does)?
Old Dec 7th 2022, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

For several years, SEF have had my wife's DOB registered incorrectly and there was nothing she could do about it. At her SEF interview in Faro, she pointed this out and now she is a month younger! After the interview, I said to her that she definitely looked younger and have been in her good books ever since.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Update.emailed SEF Tavira and very fast response, emailed scanned passport, all info now correct according to portal.
But when I go to request DUC there is no € amount mentioned...............is this normal or should I wait until it gives an amount (if it ever does)?
You may have not noticed elsewhere on other thread that the DUC does not appear in your BrexifSEF portal page until at least 48 hours after you were seen at the biometric appointment, and now a little spanner has been thrown in the works ... I should check again on the webpage say Friday, and then if nothing there (you do have to click on your name - underscored and in blue - to expand the page) try again after the weekend and prepare to phone/email thereafter.
They have a time limit to issue the DUC, and you have a time limit to pay it off (easiest way is via your bank online/app in phone, or MultiBank ATM using the ESTADO state payments section and the reference given on the DUC.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Very politely put as always Rambling archer. SEF do tell you at the interview to wait 48 hours before logging in to find the DUC and then to wait another 48 hours before making the payment to ensure that the banking system recognises the referencia.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

And should I pay for the cards which are both wrong?

My parents names have been altered and husband has been given a five year temporary, although he was replacing a ten year permanent.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Very politely put as always Rambling archer. SEF do tell you at the interview to wait 48 hours before logging in to find the DUC and then to wait another 48 hours before making the payment to ensure that the banking system recognises the referencia.
But I have now seen the DUC with reference and amount on the portal, admitadly I could not download it, but have takem a screen shot and will try to pay on Friday.
Old Dec 7th 2022, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BillBullock
The SEF people gave me the actual document they asked me to fill in whilst in their office, Just contains NIF/NUS/ NISS numbers.
That they use to fill in the details I guess.
At the bottom of that 1/2 A4 paper it says and I quote (its in English)
After your request has been submitted, within 2 working days please access the BREXIT portal to generate a payment reference. (note NOT after 2 working days)
To do so please click on the € sign, the on your name and finally on the "generate payment reference" button. You have 7 days to pay the DUC after you generate this reference and it will expire after that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.