Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

BBC on intelsat 907; DIY is possible

BBC on intelsat 907; DIY is possible

Old Aug 3rd 2015, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Default Re: BBC on intelsat 907; DIY is possible

Hi Bill,
The decoder is not routed via my Smart DNS/Dynamic DNS.
I have both the Astra and Intelsat dishes installed.
I installed the patch from bb4s and then did an update via ftp on the decoder itself.
Cheers,
Mike.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike. We live fairly close to you, just south of Moncarapacho.

I looked at the Spanish website bb4s. They provide an IPTV service similar to mine from Marc Electronica but at a higher monthly service charge. I thought you said that the IPTV service on your Isocrypt box was free. How did you get it free?

I use the Isocrypt S1600 box for receiving Intelsat 907 UK TV channels as a backup/alternative means to the IPTV service but would switch to free IPTV if it existed.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Sorry Bill, I didn't explain that very well.
If you go to bb4s website, then Products and scroll to the bottom of the page there is a link to Intelsat 907 codes under Support. On that page is the patched software I used to set up my decoder initially. After it was all working correctly I then updated via the ftp facility.
I only noticed the Web TV option a few days later while having a play so I don't know at what stage it appeared!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike. The patch is the same one I used 6 months' ago. I have only recently updated the Isocrypt receiver but there is still no change on the Web TV option. It is very dead. You must be very lucky to receive channels on it.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Wrexham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Hi Mike. We live fairly close to you, just south of Moncarapacho.

I looked at the Spanish website bb4s. They provide an IPTV service similar to mine from Marc Electronica but at a higher monthly service charge. I thought you said that the IPTV service on your Isocrypt box was free. How did you get it free?

I use the Isocrypt S1600 box for receiving Intelsat 907 UK TV channels as a backup/alternative means to the IPTV service but would switch to free IPTV if it existed.
Hi, I have a mobile home near Moncarapacho with a dish. Who did you use to realign your dish to pick up the Intelsat 907?

regards

Tony
Old Sep 11th 2015, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tony. I used Henrique on 917550968. He speaks a little English and is also a good electrician. Bill.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Bill, I'll check out Maplins and give Henrique a ring as I'm out again next month.
Fingers crossed the Sat doesn't get switched off or blocked!

Regards
Tony
Old Sep 20th 2015, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Hi Tony. I used Henrique on 917550968. He speaks a little English and is also a good electrician. Bill.
Hi, I got the box from Maplins,now reduced to 49.99!
I'm coming over next month so will contact Henrique to realign my dish.
Question is where do I get the code from and how do I update the box?

Regards
Tony
Old Sep 20th 2015, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tony. I have sent you an email via this site. Bill.