Air Conditioning

Old May 30th 2018, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

spiggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Conditioning

Hi Guys
I am considering installing air conditioning. My place is near Albufeira.
On one of the earlier threads there was a link to a reasonably priced unit at Aki.
I would like to purchase the unit and get it installed separately.
Please PM me with any recommendations.

TIA
Spiggle

Last edited by spiggle; May 30th 2018 at 12:44 pm. Reason: Location
Old May 30th 2018, 12:46 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Conditioning

First thing to check is your property pre fitted for aircon.
Does it have the external power outlets and trunking, external and internal.
Any price for fitting is dependant on this.
Old May 30th 2018, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Here's my advice, fit Daikin! Don't go for the cheap as you will regret it, spend that bit extra! Get the installer to supply it otherwise there will always be problems to blame on the material which might have been the installer, don't buy separate! Mark my advice...

Last edited by gedscottish; May 30th 2018 at 3:57 pm.
Old May 30th 2018, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Here's my advice, fit Daikin! Don't go for the cheap as you will regret it, spend that bit extra! Get the installer to supply it otherwise there will always be problems to blame on the material which might have been the installer, don't buy separate! Mark my advice...
I’ll second that. Daikin may be a bit more expensive but they last the course and they’re more efficient that anything you can get at Leroy Merlin. It especially shows when you’re using the heating cycle. Last (this!) winter they kept the whole house warm pulling 1.5 kW between 4 units. They’re nearly 12 years old and I wouldn’t replace them with any other make. Picking up on Ged and EMR’s points, Get one guy to do the lot. We had leaky pipe work so it was easy to point the finger when he tried to tell me ‘not my problem guv’
Old May 31st 2018, 8:02 am
Just Joined

spiggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your responses and I will look out for Daikin supplied and fitted. Out of interest I had a quote of Euro 879 for Sharp fitted. Whilst I don't know how much a Daikin will cost (9K BTU presumably) plus there are no existing external power outlets but am willing to live with trunking is this roughly what to expect?

TIA
Spiggle
Old Aug 12th 2018, 8:25 am
Just Joined

coys1882 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies for jumping on the back of this thread.

Please can anybody recommend anywhere in the Portimao area where I could get a reasonable quote to supply and fit a Daikin air conditioning unit unto a 2 bed apartment?

many thanks in advance,

😊
Old Aug 14th 2018, 6:52 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

I had SACL install mine, Daikin 11 indoor units, 3 outdoor, with control via an app on my phone. Excellent for both heating and cooling, and they made a good job of it, even tidied up after themselves.

Cheers,

Scott
Old Aug 15th 2018, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Score76
I had SACL install mine, Daikin 11 indoor units, 3 outdoor, with control via an app on my phone. Excellent for both heating and cooling, and they made a good job of it, even tidied up after themselves.

Cheers,

Scott
Interesting!
Would be very helpful if you could inform us here on the price you paid.
Sacl is in Portimao?
Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Andy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tag on to this too - we will need about 6 indoor units and maybe 2-3 outdoor to minimise piping, so I'd be very interested to find out what the going rate is!
Old Aug 16th 2018, 9:51 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

The units were all Daikin Premium so as has been stated above Daikin aren't the cheapest but are definitely worth it in terms of efficiency and reliability. I paid 13,000 for everything mentioned above.

The app isn't the best in world but is worth the extra expense of WiFi modules in the indoor units, you don't need to do them all either. It's nice to be out and about and be able to get the place cool for when we get in, or in winter turn the heating on when we're flying back from the UK.

I can PM the owners phone number if you want.

Cheers, Scott
Old Aug 16th 2018, 9:59 am
Happiest in the sun

Nearly forgot, SACL is on the N125 between Porches and Aqualand. They'd come out to Portimao I'd assume no problem.