Air con

Old Apr 1st 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Squidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really nice
Default Air con

Hi all
Any ideas on air con?
Installation cost, running cost etc,is it any good?
To heat/cool a small two bed/three room house.
Regards.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Air con

Originally Posted by Squidlydidly
Hi all
Any ideas on air con?
Installation cost, running cost etc,is it any good?
To heat/cool a small two bed/three room house.
Regards.
We just installed it in our 3 bedrooms in November & we are running it on a type of white meter set up(50% cheaper from 8pm to 8am) but still cant really say as of yet how much it costs to run(monthly bill still to be recalculated) but apparently its pretty cheap to run!

Affectivness... it can heat a cold room very rapidly although I reckon the heat from a radiator seems to hold longer. The way we use ours is heat it before we go to bed and its on the timer to come back on before we get up. Ours has a silent setting so it can be left on all night without disturbing your sleep. Obviously we still aint expeirenced it in the summer for cooling.

Buying cost... we bought for 3 bedrooms(2 medium and 1 fairly large) it cost us 2800 euros fitted for 3 internal units and one large external(better to do that than have an individual machine for each internal) we could have bought other makes cheaper but the make we bought has a great reputation.(DAIKEN) to do the whole house would have cost 7200 euros(192m2)

I would suggest you by from someone who does this full time and not just as a side business (i.e an electrical shop that does all) & get a few quotes/do some research on the product they are selling!

If you are not really bothered about cooling and he is your main concern I would go for electric storage heating but if you want cooling & heating then aircon is the only way to go.

p.s I should add the pipework for our aircon was installed when the house was built so this was not included in out fitting price

Last edited by gedscottish; Apr 1st 2010 at 11:41 am.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Squidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really nice

Originally Posted by gedscottish
We just installed it in our 3 bedrooms in November & we are running it on a type of white meter set up(50% cheaper from 8pm to 8am) but still cant really say as of yet how much it costs to run(monthly bill still to be recalculated) but apparently its pretty cheap to run!

Affectivness... it can heat a cold room very rapidly although I reckon the heat from a radiator seems to hold longer. The way we use ours is heat it before we go to bed and its on the timer to come back on before we get up. Ours has a silent setting so it can be left on all night without disturbing your sleep. Obviously we still aint expeirenced it in the summer for cooling.

Buying cost... we bought for 3 bedrooms(2 medium and 1 fairly large) it cost us 2800 euros fitted for 3 internal units and one large external(better to do that than have an individual machine for each internal) we could have bought other makes cheaper but the make we bought has a great reputation.(DAIKEN) to do the whole house would have cost 7200 euros(192m2)

I would suggest you by from someone who does this full time and not just as a side business (i.e an electrical shop that does all) & get a few quotes/do some research on the product they are selling!

If you are not really bothered about cooling and he is your main concern I would go for electric storage heating but if you want cooling & heating then aircon is the only way to go.

p.s I should add the pipework for our aircon was installed when the house was built so this was not included in out fitting price
Thanks gedscottish
We are having some internal alterations done before we move in so we are thinking ahead and installation now would enable all the mess to be done in one go.
Will do some research into what options are available and costs.....Thanks.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gedscottish

I would suggest you by from someone
was a typo honest "buy"

not sure if this link will work from Deco or how good your Portuguese is but at least the graph at bottom lets you see how they rated various makes....
~
http://www.deco.proteste.pt/climatiz...ch_s563521.pdf