Reload this Page >

Acceptable monthly income

Wikiposts

Acceptable monthly income

Old Jul 6th 2020, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Acceptable monthly income

Thanks for this. I'm in (roughly) the same situation as Bons.

I'm thinking of initially registering in Olhao. Any local knowledge there? I've emailed the Camara, but no reply.

Where I decide to put down "roots" (an alien concept for me!) we'll see in due course
Old Jul 6th 2020, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

We registered in Olhão last October and it was very straightforward for retired people on pensions. Proof of address, passport, NIF and €15 each was all that was needed.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Bill
Old Jul 7th 2020, 1:07 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
I know people have said Spain is doing that. I'll have a good scour of the Internet to see if I can find anything, it's certainly not in the usual blurb about the withdrawal agreement.
My mistake - it was the provisions for acquiring substitute documents post transition period which I was thinking of. They have to be open until at least the end of June 2021 (and the UK, of course, is already insisting on all EU nationals in the UK going through this process, regardless of whether they already hold any previously issued document, which was never compulsory). Here in Portugal, the government expects us to be registered by December 31st 2020 if we're not already and will let us know about substitute documents in due course - there's nothing on that yet. So it's as you were - unclear on what happens in the case of late arrivals not holding a registration certificate by 31st December.

Apologies for my confusing the issue.

You were entertaining the idea of approaching the SEF with a query on the matter. Are you going ahead with that?