Wapol pension

Old Dec 8th 2014, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Hm204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wapol pension

Hi guys
Are there any expats serving with wapol that could advise on whether they transferred their pension or left it here in the uk? Just weighing up the benefits of both..

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 9th 2014, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Adamfrancis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wapol pension

I'm in the same boat as you, I have 2 mates out there, 1 for 7 years and the other went in 2013. Both of them are transferring theirs before April '15
Old Dec 13th 2014, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hm204 View Post
Hi guys
Are there any expats serving with wapol that could advise on whether they transferred their pension or left it here in the uk? Just weighing up the benefits of both..

Thanks in advance!
If you decide to bring it over, it's a simple enough process.
Just make sure you leave yourself enough time as it can take a few months.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Difficult choice but after April they say you wont be able to move it out of the UK. Been here 5 and a bit years and in the process of moving my pot across.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:19 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived last March and within a month and a half had the process in motion to get mine across. I had 16 years service in the UK so had a sizeable pot to bring over, and was happy to pay for someone to do it for me. Others have done it themselves and not had any problems. Mine recently arrived and is now in my super fund, although it took a long time (home force/council messing around) but it worked in my favour as the exchange rate went up and added a good few thousand $s to the fund.
My projected retirement figure far outweighed what it would have been in the UK and the biggest benefit is should anything happen to me, my wife gets ALL of it, not half like she would have done in the UK.