Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL international recruitment is OPEN TODAY!

WAPOL international recruitment is OPEN TODAY!

Old Aug 16th 2012, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default WAPOL international recruitment is OPEN TODAY!

Know some of u will be very happy to hear this! check out www.stepforward.gov.au to see if you qualify!
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:46 am
Just Joined

johnboy412 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL international recruitment is OPEN TODAY!

I take it this is for UK cops who have took a career break or resigned from their force and went over to Oz to wait patiently for the recruitment to start?

Noted the point that WA may be coming over to London for possible recruitment.

Could be good news ahead.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 11:40 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Looks like quite a tough little list to meet! (anyone out there qualify?)
I wonder if WAPol are looking to save money by recruiting Brits locally before having to go to the expense of sending a recruiting team to the UK. I don't think they will get many applicants of the back of that criteria,so hopefully they will be in London soon!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

Great news for officers if the London drive comes off. Luckily for my wife she will be able to apply through lateral entry once her permanent visa arrives in the next couple of months.
I really WAPOL make the trip over, fingers crossed for everyone
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pincher
Looks like quite a tough little list to meet! (anyone out there qualify?)
I wonder if WAPol are looking to save money by recruiting Brits locally before having to go to the expense of sending a recruiting team to the UK. I don't think they will get many applicants of the back of that criteria,so hopefully they will be in London soon!
They had a similar stipulation with regard to years service when I applied. Though I don't recall anyone with less than 3 years service, there were plenty of us who had more (some much more) than 7 years service.

All other requirements should be easily achievable for most serving officers.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

dazza999 is an unknown quantity at this point

UK police officers based in the UK are free to apply providing they can make it out to WA in September for the assessments although the strict criteria is that you have to have between 3 and 7 years UK service. Although last time they stipulated this they still accepted applications outside this criteria, this time around they are sticking stringently to the 3-7 years service rule and apparently that will apply again IF they come to London having not recruited enough from this current drive!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the step forward site again today.........WAPOL are visiting London in November 2012
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Exclamation Re: WAPOL international recruitment is OPEN TODAY!

Just to confirm the 3 to 7 years.
My brother emailed WAPOL as he has 7 years 5 months service and they told him he could not apply
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:14 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnboy412
I take it this is for UK cops who have took a career break or resigned from their force and went over to Oz to wait patiently for the recruitment to start?

Noted the point that WA may be coming over to London for possible recruitment.

Could be good news ahead.
Hi Johnboy

Just noticed this is your first post so welcome to BE and the "Uk Police escape club"....

Dread - x
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:17 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little snippet for you folks.........

A friend of mine has been told NOT to send an application to WAPOL because he is outside the criteria.....on account he has 7 YEARS AND ONE WEEK service.

Therefore peoples it is worth checking before you invest time and effort putting together an application

For those who meet the criteria, go forth with the best of luck from me

Dread - x
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:17 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

It is based on total amount of time served, not how long you have been in the Police. You need to deduct A/L, sickness, career breaks and any other times of absence to get a final time served. WAPol should accept this as it is one of the criteria they use when calculating the prior service ranking for existing officers joining.
All the best to all you lucky guys and girls who are eligible.

Last edited by Pincher; Sep 17th 2012 at 4:26 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Pincher
It is based on total amount of time served, not how long you have been in the Police. You need to deduct A/L, sickness, career breaks and any other times of absence to get a final time served. WAPol should accept this as it is one of the criteria they use when calculating the prior service ranking for existing officers joining.
All the best to all you lucky guys and girls who are eligible.

Pincher can you please provide verification of this - it is completely different to what my mate has been told by the WAPOL recruitment who told him that because he will have 7 years and one week service on the closing date for applications he is not eligible - and that is his total accumulative police service without deduction of absence.
Please can you provide a link showing where you got this information from

Thanks

Dread - x
Old Sep 17th 2012, 6:44 pm
Almost there...

Hi Dread.
It was from speaking to WAPol over clarification of the Recognition of Prior Service form which is in the Lateral entry part of the Stepforward site.
My wife is an Ozzie and I will be applying for a spouse visa in the next couple of weeks. I have 19 years in with Kent and intend to apply for the Lateral entry, part of which recognizes previous service allowing you to jump up the pay scale.
WAPol have told me, and its on the form, that prior service involves deducting leave, sickness and career breaks in order to determine at what level you can enter at.
Here is the link to the form:

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/ima...iorservice.pdf

Reading it implies that if someone with 7 years and 1 months service(and therefore ineligible) deducts leave, sickness etc then they would be eligible if it takes them under 7 years.

Does this make sense? Hope this helps (and sorry if I'm wrong).
P

Last edited by Pincher; Sep 17th 2012 at 6:52 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

M application will be sent... You only live once
Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:05 pm

Hey Pincher

Thanks for the clarification there but it could be different for someone on a spouse visa to someone applying as an international transferee.
'G' 'spoke' to them on e mail exchange on Friday last week and when he questioned re police service the point about deducting leave and sickness etc did not come up and they did specifically ask his joining date in the UK.

However in the light of what you have said here I will tell him to re contact them and clarify this point....as if service means minus leave etc that would put him well within the eligibility stakes. I will post with any further info.

And Phil go for it and good luck

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.