WA - Sit up

Old Aug 13th 2013, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WA - Sit up

Right then,
For some reason, i am really struggling to complete this sit up. I've asked a number of gym instructors etc and have been doing them daily.
Can I ask what sort of training everyone else is doing for this?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: WA - Sit up

I've been doing the sit up in reverse. 2 x 20. Then toe touches 2 x 20. 4 x 30 secs plank then 3 x 15 each side Russian twists.
All from the WA physical training programme.

I've also found that, like in the video, you bring your arms up then throw them down for momentum. Try and throw them down sharp in to your chest as you pull with the Abs. I couldn't manage them at first but find this works for me. And a tighter angle than 90 degrees too.

Good luck.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers mate. Good luck to you
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Without sounding odd, tense your arse, suck in your stomach and try to imagine your feet are stuck to the floor. I struggled at first, but then with that technique I've been doing sets of 10 of them.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sets of ten?! You bloody show off!
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bagdog
Without sounding odd, tense your arse, suck in your stomach and try to imagine your feet are stuck to the floor. I struggled at first, but then with that technique I've been doing sets of 10 of them.
Cheers mate, I'll give it a go.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously I couldn't do them to begin with, and all I did was 20 normal sit ups every day for a week or so, with my toes under the sofa. Then tried it again and nailed it. Once you've done 1, you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Just as bagdog says. Once you manage one you can quit worrying about it. Then, like me, you can start worrying about the agility