WA and Queensland Police

Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

lovey and wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA and Queensland Police

Carolyn and Neil,
In answer to your questions,
1. No idea, they didn't really want to be tied down to an exact date. I do know that they had interviews in NSW and Vic the following week so I imagine they wouldn't make a decision before they sort that out. They do have to give some notice though as I think that some of the state forces have to give two or three months notice before leaving.
2. I sent my application in September last year, they sent reference requests by email to my Inspector and two Sgt's within days who replied almost straight away. All of my checks, ie sickness, Police, Service and conduct were done by them prior to there inviting me for interview.
3. With my invite letter for interview I had to fill in another conduct check (ie disclose any further complaints etc), NOK form and nominate my five top preferences for postings. I want to be near the city and said this but they really make sure at the interview that you realise that they may send you anywhere in Queensland!
4. They asked me which intake I would want while I was there and there didn't seem any problem with my getting June if they take me, but will just have to hold out for the letter. They also let you know which Division you will be attached to as you r first posting when you get an acceptance.

I would definately get the application in asap, Qld didn't take a long time really but I kmnow it took a lot of time to sort out Sussex as there were so many misunderstandings about what was required and of course the references that they send out could take time unless you still have contacts in your old force.
Best of luck with it though and if theres anything else I can help with let me know.
Jamie
Originally Posted by NAC
Hi Jamie, thanks so much for the feedback. Just a few questions!!
1. Any idea how long you will have to wait for a result?
2. Did you send over your application prior to going and if so did they contact your referees prior to interview?
3. Did they ask you where you would like to be posted?
4. If successful (as I'm sure you will be!!) will you be able to start in June?
Hope you don't mind all these questions! We are just waiting for our PR visa - hopefully here in the next few weeks. Hubby is hoping to get application form in as soon as it's here and go over for interview in June - then hoping to go out for October intake to PACE.
Wishing you all the best - keep us posted!
Carolyn and Neil
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:07 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Jamie, thanks so much for that! We wish you lots of luck with the move and hope to see you in Brisbane later this year!!
Keep in touch,
Carolyn and Neil
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:53 am
Just Joined

galenco is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our PR Visa through last week, just in time as we are off to Perth for three weeks this Wednesday.
I immediatly emailed WAP recruiting at Joondolup and they replied saying that I have my physical, medical and interviews on the 13,14 and 15 April. (and they havent seen my application yet!).
The physical will be tough, I have to reach 9.1 on the bleep test and the temp out there has been reaching 43c!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:03 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by galenco
We got our PR Visa through last week, just in time as we are off to Perth for three weeks this Wednesday.
I immediatly emailed WAP recruiting at Joondolup and they replied saying that I have my physical, medical and interviews on the 13,14 and 15 April. (and they havent seen my application yet!).
The physical will be tough, I have to reach 9.1 on the bleep test and the temp out there has been reaching 43c!
Just wanted to wish you lots of luck!
Carolyn and Neil
PS Do you mind me asking is your visa a skilled independent with an occupation on the MODL? If so how long did it take to get? Ours was lodged 10 weeks ago but I know a lot are coming through at about the 12 week mark so hopefully not too long to wait
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Best of luck to you! Just goes to show, The Met's recruit fitness level is 5.4 on the bleep is that poor or what!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Lee&Clare is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovey and wife
Carolyn and Neil,
In answer to your questions,
1. No idea, they didn't really want to be tied down to an exact date. I do know that they had interviews in NSW and Vic the following week so I imagine they wouldn't make a decision before they sort that out. They do have to give some notice though as I think that some of the state forces have to give two or three months notice before leaving.
2. I sent my application in September last year, they sent reference requests by email to my Inspector and two Sgt's within days who replied almost straight away. All of my checks, ie sickness, Police, Service and conduct were done by them prior to there inviting me for interview.
3. With my invite letter for interview I had to fill in another conduct check (ie disclose any further complaints etc), NOK form and nominate my five top preferences for postings. I want to be near the city and said this but they really make sure at the interview that you realise that they may send you anywhere in Queensland!
4. They asked me which intake I would want while I was there and there didn't seem any problem with my getting June if they take me, but will just have to hold out for the letter. They also let you know which Division you will be attached to as you r first posting when you get an acceptance.

I would definately get the application in asap, Qld didn't take a long time really but I kmnow it took a lot of time to sort out Sussex as there were so many misunderstandings about what was required and of course the references that they send out could take time unless you still have contacts in your old force.
Best of luck with it though and if theres anything else I can help with let me know.
Jamie
Glad to hear the interview went OK, I have just sent (yesterday) My application in for the Qld police, so just at the first stage. We will be out in Brisbane from the end of nov to the 8th Jan, I am hoping to arrange my interview for that period. If you are all settled in maybe we could meet up for a chat and a beer.
All the best.

Lee&Clare....
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

lovey and wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee&Clare
Glad to hear the interview went OK, I have just sent (yesterday) My application in for the Qld police, so just at the first stage. We will be out in Brisbane from the end of nov to the 8th Jan, I am hoping to arrange my interview for that period. If you are all settled in maybe we could meet up for a chat and a beer.
All the best.

Lee&Clare....
Thanks for that and best of lusk with the App. Hopefully will be settled well and truly by then so definately let me know when you are in town for a beer. Hopefully (still not heard anything) I will be in a much better position to give you the lowdown.
Jamie
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:00 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovey and wife
Thanks for that and best of lusk with the App. Hopefully will be settled well and truly by then so definately let me know when you are in town for a beer. Hopefully (still not heard anything) I will be in a much better position to give you the lowdown.
Jamie
Hi Jamie, just wondering if you had received any news yet? Hope you have Neil is hoping to get his application in any day - as soon as this Visa finally arrives!
Carolyn
Old May 1st 2005, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

texrex is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: WA and Queensland Police

Just registered on this site tonight, myself and my family are thinking about emigrating to WA. like yourself I am a Met officer with 11 yrs in, have read all the info posted on the police sites in WA and I am looking forward to getting a response back regarding their recruitment drive just like SA. I'm all up for going, but Mrs Texrex is concerned about leaving family behind and me going back to shift work.

Have you been in contact with anybody who has already emigrated from the Met, or are you aware of anybody that is already on the March recruitment intake, that can answer any questions;-

1/Do you overcome leaving family behind?
2/Is the cost of living much cheaper?
3/Where is the best place to move to? We have a young family (2 children aged 6 & 3).

Can anybody assist us.
Old May 1st 2005, 8:30 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texrex
Just registered on this site tonight, myself and my family are thinking about emigrating to WA. like yourself I am a Met officer with 11 yrs in, have read all the info posted on the police sites in WA and I am looking forward to getting a response back regarding their recruitment drive just like SA. I'm all up for going, but Mrs Texrex is concerned about leaving family behind and me going back to shift work.

Have you been in contact with anybody who has already emigrated from the Met, or are you aware of anybody that is already on the March recruitment intake, that can answer any questions;-

1/Do you overcome leaving family behind?
2/Is the cost of living much cheaper?
3/Where is the best place to move to? We have a young family (2 children aged 6 & 3).

Can anybody assist us.
Hi texrex and welcome to the Forum Just for your interest, if you don't already know, there is a dedicated forum for all the cops in SA or waiting to go. It is www.************.com. You would get more info there specifically about SA.
Myself and hubby are hoping to go to QLD although leaving our options open re other forces. We should have our PR any day soon so once we have that he can apply for the jobs. We prefer Queensland because they have a long running PACE course for officers with previous experience and you go in at the same pay rank as you would have been on in the UK. We already know a cop in Brisbane and he has been really helpful. He emigrated two years ago (with his wife) and says it is the best thing he ever did. The cost of living is rising quickly in Oz and many say it is not really that much cheaper than the UK and wages are not so high. However, opinions differ. I suppose it depends what you spend your money on
We also have two children same ages as yours and I am hoping they are at 'the best' age for emigrating before they develop firm friendships here.
If I were you I would post your 3 questions in the general Australia forum - you will get a much bigger audience and therefore lots more feedback
Goodluck with whatever you decide to do!
Carolyn
Old May 1st 2005, 8:31 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NAC
Hi texrex and welcome to the Forum Just for your interest, if you don't already know, there is a dedicated forum for all the cops in SA or waiting to go. It is www.************.com. You would get more info there specifically about SA.
Myself and hubby are hoping to go to QLD although leaving our options open re other forces. We should have our PR any day soon so once we have that he can apply for the jobs. We prefer Queensland because they have a long running PACE course for officers with previous experience and you go in at the same pay rank as you would have been on in the UK. We already know a cop in Brisbane and he has been really helpful. He emigrated two years ago (with his wife) and says it is the best thing he ever did. The cost of living is rising quickly in Oz and many say it is not really that much cheaper than the UK and wages are not so high. However, opinions differ. I suppose it depends what you spend your money on
We also have two children same ages as yours and I am hoping they are at 'the best' age for emigrating before they develop firm friendships here.
If I were you I would post your 3 questions in the general Australia forum - you will get a much bigger audience and therefore lots more feedback
Goodluck with whatever you decide to do!
Carolyn
Got no idea what happened to that link - I'll try again
www.************.com
Old May 1st 2005, 8:32 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NAC
Got no idea what happened to that link - I'll try again
www.************.com

OK people - what's going on here

The missing words are '************'
Old May 1st 2005, 8:33 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NAC
OK people - what's going on here

The missing words are '************'
Oh dear, am I doing something wrong by mentioning the words police and forum with a hyphen in the middle :scared:

If this makes no sense then please send me a PM and I will forward the address
Carolyn
Old May 1st 2005, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: WA and Queensland Police

Thank for your reply Carolyn (still trying to figure out this system). I have already been on the SA website and they say they have about 28 more UK officers starting a course in July 05. But we emailed WA and an officer their emailed us back saying that they are looking to do the same recruitment drive and they sort out your immagration, visa etc hopefully saving a few quid.
Tony
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: WA and Queensland Police

Carolyn on Sunday you offered me that website address and asked me to PM you, how do i do that? and is it the same web site that another thread is talking about (thread called SAPOL Spouses left behind), perhas you could let me know.

Thanks Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.