Visa Granted today.

Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Visa Granted today.

So, 7 months and two weeks ago we took the life changing decision to enter the WApol 2013 recruitment process.

The process seemed to take ages and was a little bit like a middle aged mans sex life - a short period of furiously intense, nervous activity followed by long ardous periods of waiting around, wondering if you'd done well enough to get another shot.

On an on it seemed to drag, hogging every waken moment and lots of asleep ones too and the only thing that made it bareable was the conversations with like minded folk on here and other forums.

And yet here I stand, proudly I might add, as today I was informed that our Visas have been granted and the 7 agonising months of waiting have disappeared in an instant.

YOU LITTLE RIPPER

HB
Old Dec 19th 2013, 11:24 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Granted today.

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
So, 7 months and two weeks ago we took the life changing decision to enter the WApol 2013 recruitment process.

The process seemed to take ages and was a little bit like a middle aged mans sex life - a short period of furiously intense, nervous activity followed by long ardous periods of waiting around, wondering if you'd done well enough to get another shot.

On an on it seemed to drag, hogging every waken moment and lots of asleep ones too and the only thing that made it bareable was the conversations with like minded folk on here and other forums.

And yet here I stand, proudly I might add, as today I was informed that our Visas have been granted and the 7 agonising months of waiting have disappeared in an instant.

YOU LITTLE RIPPER

HB
Congratulations Harry

Now the real fun begins
Old Dec 20th 2013, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Thanks Sparkles. Just been offered 31st March2014. Decisions decisions.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 12:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - not the worst decision going
Old Dec 20th 2013, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Aussie2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Visa Granted today.

Congrats Harry. Hopefully I won't be to far behind you. By the way struggling to find this Facebook group every one is on. I've tried looking on your profile, but it ain't listed. Do I have to wait to be invited still?

Adam
Old Dec 20th 2013, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Its a closed group mate so you won't see it. I'll PM you on Facebook
Old Dec 20th 2013, 12:24 pm

Its a closed group mate so you won't see it. I'll PM you on Facebook
Sorry Harry - just because it's a closed group doesn't mean you can't find the group
Old Dec 20th 2013, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Really? Oh well. It's sorted now anyway Sparkles.
Old Dec 25th 2013, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

iconn80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to join the FB group as well, can someone help? I've been offered the conditional offer... Just waiting for the reference number to apply for the visas!!! Exciting times.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

jenny20071 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya!
Congratulations!! My husband got accepted in December
We just applied for our visa a couple of days ago, any information on the steps you had to take and how long it took would be amazing because I can't stop checking my email to see if they have contacted us yet!!
Thanks!!
Jen
Old Feb 6th 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by jenny20071
Hiya!
Congratulations!! My husband got accepted in December
We just applied for our visa a couple of days ago, any information on the steps you had to take and how long it took would be amazing because I can't stop checking my email to see if they have contacted us yet!!
Thanks!!
Jen
DIBP's service charter (http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm) can give you rough guidelines on processing times. You will only receive an email from your CO if they need something from you - medicals, PCC, form 80, etc - or when the visa is granted if you have front loaded everything. If you did front load, I wouldn't be checking emails yet.