UK to Canada

Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

emyrthomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK to Canada

Hi all, I'm an ex UK police officer (7 years) now in Canada policing (1year). I'm a permanent resident and would answer any questions that any serving UK officers has about coming to Ontario.
Emyr.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

dandan2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK to Canada

Hi Emry

I have 7 years with the Met and Im 30 years old. I am interested in joining the Police or some kind of Law enforcement in Canada. My understanding is that there is no current recruitement of overseas coppers. I believe that UK officers are invited to send there CV's to Calgary or Edmonton? Can you shed any light on this and advise me on my best options and the best places to relocate to

cheers
Dan
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

benjyp10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emyrthomas
Hi all, I'm an ex UK police officer (7 years) now in Canada policing (1year). I'm a permanent resident and would answer any questions that any serving UK officers has about coming to Ontario.
Emyr.
Hi, Thanks for the post. I am in the UK and have just applied to Ottawa Police...I gained PR in 2007 but returned back to UK last year for family stuff. Have 15 yrs UK service...I have freinds in Lethbridge/Calgary and Edmonton Police...whats Ottawa Police like and why do they charge u to go to college when other agencies waive the fee for UK cops.

Can I ask if they paid u first class on completion of training and the 3 weeks leave. They have assured me that dependant on service they will pay first class and 3 weeks leave...just wanted to check if its true!

Do you enjoy working for them?

Cheers

Julian
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Sent you both a personal message guys.

Emyr.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Ashy_B9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Emyr,

Just saw these comments, Like Dan I too am interested in opportunities to apply for Canadian police forces. Can I be cheeky and ask if you could PM your advice also.

I recently got an email from Calgary saying all forces budgets for international recruiting has stopped, and they had no idea when this would change if at all.

Cheers

Ash
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

foregonereality is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emry

I'm very much like Dan on this one. I have 6 years service with the Police in Ireland and I'm 25 years old. I am interested in joining a Law Enforcement organisation in Canada.

Can you shed any light on the current situation regarding international applicants and advise me on my best options for applying?

I hold a BA in Policing Studies, too. If that's any use.

Thanks!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

foregonereality is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ashy_B9
Emyr,

Just saw these comments, Like Dan I too am interested in opportunities to apply for Canadian police forces. Can I be cheeky and ask if you could PM your advice also.

I recently got an email from Calgary saying all forces budgets for international recruiting has stopped, and they had no idea when this would change if at all.

Cheers

Ash
Apologies! I meant Eymr, not Emry!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

and it's EMYR not EMRY or EYMR
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

The days of international recruiting I believe are over unfortunately. I can only really offer an opinion / advice on Ontario as I speak from experience. A BA in policing studies you'll have to get it equated to the Canadian equivalent but to be honest your resume should be reflecting what you've achieved or done since becoming a cop. I was PSU, MOE, OST instructor, Tutor amongst other things.

Get you're VISA applications in while you research is my advice.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:02 am
Just Joined

peacefulwarrior is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ashy_B9
Emyr,

Cheers

Ash
GOOD DAY,
Ottawa police is in full recruitment as it today,good luck www.ottawapolice.ca
pw
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Lee Benson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emyr. Im a Police Officer in Wales and would like a chat about a possible move to Canada. Lee.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

benjyp10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee Benson
Hi Emyr. Im a Police Officer in Wales and would like a chat about a possible move to Canada. Lee.
Hi,

Appears they are not recruiting internationally, so will have to get PR first.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Lee Benson is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

When I came here I was already in possession of my permanent resident visa. Unless a specific service is prepared to sponsor you (pay for you) then they won't look at you unless you have either a PR or a Citizen.

Historically some (Calgary & Edmonton) were aggressively looking for UK police and sponsored some of them. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE.

My advice is to apply for PR visas while researching, if you are serious and determined to move here then all fees will be in my opinion an investment.

I have probably recouped my fees from the petrol prices alone!!!!

Message me anytime.

Emyr.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by benjyp10
Hi, Thanks for the post. I am in the UK and have just applied to Ottawa Police...I gained PR in 2007 but returned back to UK last year for family stuff. Have 15 yrs UK service...I have freinds in Lethbridge/Calgary and Edmonton Police...whats Ottawa Police like and why do they charge u to go to college when other agencies waive the fee for UK cops.

Can I ask if they paid u first class on completion of training and the 3 weeks leave. They have assured me that dependant on service they will pay first class and 3 weeks leave...just wanted to check if its true!

Do you enjoy working for them?

Cheers

Julian
Hi there how's the application going? did you change you're mind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.