Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Transfer from Met police to OZ

Transfer from Met police to OZ

Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:40 am
Zac
Just Joined

Zac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer from Met police to OZ

Hello everyone,

I know you must get lots of threads saying the same thing and i'm sorry if this is.

I work for the Metroploitan Police, but as a PCSO at the moment but have just applied to become a regular day 1 is next month, I am looking at imergrating to Australia in the next five years as I have family out there and love the life style alot better. Ive been looking around on the internet and have seen that some forces in Oz recruit British police.

I am extremly intrested in this and was woundering if anyone on here has done so, if they have how is it out there? what do you have to do to join the police out there? and the main thing do you enjoy it?

Like I said above i'm sorry if you get annoyed from people like me posting but am very intrested and really hope you can help.

Many thanks

Zac
Old Dec 16th 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Transfer from Met police to OZ

First things first i think they require you to have three years PC experience before even applying.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: Transfer from Met police to OZ

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
First things first i think they require you to have three years PC experience before even applying.
Correct at least for QLD, also what type of visa would you have, Qld will only look at you if you are a citizen or permanent resident.