Special Constable

Old May 16th 2019, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

WayneG is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Special Constable

Hello Everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful Day or Evening. I basically have a simple question here because i honestly am a little confused about this. Basically my situation is i have been in the USA as a Lawful Permanent Resident and just about to go ahead with Duel Citizenship as i am from Wales, UK by birth. The question i have today is, After i have been naturalized and everything, I plan to move back home eventually because i seriously miss my family and i am also interested in becoming a Special Constable. Obviously i have to reside in the UK for three years prior to joining the police force but my question is, would i lose my US Citizenship if i go through with this? I'm not really certain and i would really hope i wouldn't as i will still have family living in the USA. Some help would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks!
Old May 16th 2019, 3:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Special Constable

Originally Posted by WayneG
Hello Everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful Day or Evening. I basically have a simple question here because i honestly am a little confused about this. Basically my situation is i have been in the USA as a Lawful Permanent Resident and just about to go ahead with Duel Citizenship as i am from Wales, UK by birth. The question i have today is, After i have been naturalized and everything, I plan to move back home eventually because i seriously miss my family and i am also interested in becoming a Special Constable. Obviously i have to reside in the UK for three years prior to joining the police force but my question is, would i lose my US Citizenship if i go through with this? I'm not really certain and i would really hope i wouldn't as i will still have family living in the USA. Some help would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks!
Hi Wayne. Returning to live and work in the UK will have no effect whatsoever on your US citizenship.
Old May 18th 2019, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Nairobi Jack is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard if you go to Manchester England you don't have to wait 3 years to join there as they take absolutely anyone.
Old May 18th 2019, 11:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack
I heard if you go to Manchester England you don't have to wait 3 years to join there as they take absolutely anyone.
Maybe not quite the thread to be posting fake news when someone is asking a serious question?
Old May 18th 2019, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Nairobi Jack is an unknown quantity at this point

I was being serious inspite of the

I know several officers on that force and they've had people joining direct from all over Australia NZ Canada.

Last edited by Nairobi Jack; May 18th 2019 at 11:52 am.
Old May 19th 2019, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

WayneG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Wayne. Returning to live and work in the UK will have no effect whatsoever on your US citizenship.
Okay brilliant, Thank you for your lovely response. Much appreciated!