Senior Investigator MEP

Old Jun 21st 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road
Default Senior Investigator MEP

Hey guys just thought that I would post a job opportunity on here! First there is no PNP available sorry chaps! Basically I work for Alberta Justice as a Senior Investigator for the Maintenance Enforcment Program. Its like the CSA with teeth! I work in the special Investigations unit. We target assets and do surveillence and obtain arrest warrants, interview people, go to court, things like that.
We are recruiting for 2 more investigators in late August/Sept, for our new Calgary office, which is situated in Rocky Mountain Plaza on th 12th floor. We will be advertising on the Alberta government jobs website. We do take ino account previous similar experience, so if you are an ex copper with 10 yrs you would probably get the 'top wack' which is $72,900 this goes up in Sept to $76,000 ish.
You have to be a permanent resident or citizen. I would liken the job to a bit like CID, but we dont take statements, we use a lot of computer applications for searching for people, interview debtors an why they dont pay, obtain warrant rom court, carry out surveillence and we have peace officer status. We are going to be carrying out criminal prosecutions in the very near future. I had 20 yr as a copper and frankly I really enjoy this job!
So there we go, PM me if you want any info.
Bob
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Senior Investigator MEP

Originally Posted by bobhope
Hey guys just thought that I would post a job opportunity on here! First there is no PNP available sorry chaps! Basically I work for Alberta Justice as a Senior Investigator for the Maintenance Enforcment Program. Its like the CSA with teeth! I work in the special Investigations unit. We target assets and do surveillence and obtain arrest warrants, interview people, go to court, things like that.
We are recruiting for 2 more investigators in late August/Sept, for our new Calgary office, which is situated in Rocky Mountain Plaza on th 12th floor. We will be advertising on the Alberta government jobs website. We do take ino account previous similar experience, so if you are an ex copper with 10 yrs you would probably get the 'top wack' which is $72,900 this goes up in Sept to $76,000 ish.
You have to be a permanent resident or citizen. I would liken the job to a bit like CID, but we dont take statements, we use a lot of computer applications for searching for people, interview debtors an why they dont pay, obtain warrant rom court, carry out surveillence and we have peace officer status. We are going to be carrying out criminal prosecutions in the very near future. I had 20 yr as a copper and frankly I really enjoy this job!
So there we go, PM me if you want any info.
Bob
Gissa job! Bob!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Any time hopesy!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Sam the lamb has a spectacular aura aboutSam the lamb has a spectacular aura aboutSam the lamb has a spectacular aura about

Any time hopesy!
Im a ex Hants Officer can I have a job too
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Of course, ex hants get priority! ha ha ha. Where were you based?.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Sam the lamb has a spectacular aura aboutSam the lamb has a spectacular aura aboutSam the lamb has a spectacular aura about

Of course, ex hants get priority! ha ha ha. Where were you based?.
PM sent.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Hymie is an unknown quantity at this point

I work with Bob and can second his comments about the position. Anyone who drove an area / response car in the job for a living (as opposed to a desk) with 10 years plus would find it of great interest. And you get to work with Bob

Hymie
(ex Essex)
Old Jun 24th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hymie
I work with Bob and can second his comments about the position. Anyone who drove an area / response car in the job for a living (as opposed to a desk) with 10 years plus would find it of great interest. And you get to work with Bob

Hymie
(ex Essex)
Interested, if we can start up a football (soccer) team in the department. Bob was a useless left back/winger and I was an excellent centre half during our Hants days. I am sure with a bit of practice and coaching we could turn him in to a decent player.
10 years area car in Pompey...
Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Steve has'nt obviously learnt his left from right as I played right back not left back. I was asked to play for pompey but turned them down. I was of course driving the area car when Steve was a sparky........................ sprog!
Hey Nigel, I am trying my best on the recruiting front!!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Doing a great job mate So on top of everything else, you now have to captain a footie team with Zolts and Sam as star players - hahahaha
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hymie
Doing a great job mate So on top of everything else, you now have to captain a footie team with Zolts and Sam as star players - hahahaha
But I want to be captain!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:58 am
Just Joined

You can fight Bob for it

Just adding a few details about the position, it is like CID and then again it isn't. Some DCs back home had a tendency in some nicks to spend a lot of time gathering information in the local ..cough.. and were so regular in that "function" that when a murder/robbery went down you just could phone the Dog & Partridge and find them all there...hard at it Also add to that the habit of requiring uniform to do the leg work so they could stroll in and whack off an interview. I actually had a great bunch on my Division's CID to work with (in general) and at my nick even more so. However...I know from experience that most Area car drivers worth their salt could nail investigation to a "T", knowing what to do, when and how, and often did a more thorough job of it.

This position offers the best of policing back home. The Brit policing mentality fits perfectly to the mission and goals of the position, i.e. a proven ability to speak to people, gather information, work hard and manage all that without putting the back of your "clients" up. Common sense and a proven ability to make sensible decisions on an investigation's scope and timelines are necessary.

NOW ... anyone interested in applying with job experience should note that of course you start the interview process on the same level as all applicants. Being ex-job alone will not get you the job, and in fact if that is all you offer will guarantee you a thumbs down. As with all interviews you will have to sell yourself, excel in presentation, communication and present as a dynamic and hard working individual. You have to demonstrate that you have transferrable skills and experience and how that relates to the position. Also - research the position and know what it is and what you are getting into. This is not an automatic free ride for ex-job and if you are successful you will be expected to carry a file load that is intensive and involved. You have to beat others on your interview performance alone. If you are successful in that, then your experience comes into play in your dealings with HR re. pay negotiations. This is all basic interview skill information but it needs to be stressed, clearly since I have headed up numerous recruitment competitions and it no longer surprises me how little work some people (from all backgrounds) put into researching the role they are applying for.

Finally this is NOT policing. This is investigation for a provincial government department. There are transferable skills, but it is a totally different role. This is not about blatting around on blues n twos, rolling around on the ground, cuffing and stuffing the perp. If you have worked that out of your system then this may be of interest to you...if not then understand that this role is primarily about researching paper trails, seizing assets by indirect measures such as attaching bank accounts, making phone calls, surveillance, preparing court papers...so all the stuff that comes easily but without the drama. It all depends what stage of your life you are at, what you want from a job and what you can give back to make occupying the position satisfying for you and a success for your employer. The criminal prosecution is actually prosecution for a statutory offence, with the possibility of pursuing any CC offences disclosed.

Hope that helps a little more understanding what the role is and what it isn't. Oh - you also get 12 weeks dedicated training, immediately you start, in a training environment that covers the legislative powers and processes that underpin the core role of the job. Great to seize the asset etc., but you have to know what processes to follow on the file, what forms to fill in etc. The training will give you that and there aren't many positions I know of in goverment that give you this concentrated head start.

Hymie.

Last edited by Hymie; Jun 25th 2008 at 12:52 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thats exactly what I meant! Hopesy you cant be captain as you havent got any biceps! ha ha
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats exactly what I meant! Hopesy you cant be captain as you havent got any biceps! ha ha
I happen to have a pair of sponge bob square pants blow up ones...and you only drove the old Rover area car not the beemer...
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

As I was an advanced driver, I not only drove the beamer I also drove the volvo as I was so highly qualified. And yet you still have no bisceps...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.