British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Sapol April 2010 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/sapol-april-2010-a-623619/)

sunworshipper Aug 3rd 2009 2:28 pm

Sapol April 2010

Hi is there anyone out there who is applying on this current campaign?
my other half has his exam on Thursday.
Good luck to everyone :fingerscrossed:

michelle6266 Aug 10th 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Sapol April 2010

Hi there , we were interviewed in jan , starting in april 2010 yippee, cant wait , havent been on the forum before , so we are hoping to meet people who are also joining in april .

michelle6266 Aug 10th 2009 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=michelle6266;7829793]Hi there , we were interviewed in jan , starting in april 2010 yippee, cant wait , havent been on the forum before , so we are hoping to meet people also joining in april, its quite exciting but also scary, if theres anyone out there who wants to chat about it , feel free

madogs and Irish Men Aug 12th 2009 9:37 pm

Hello Sunworshipper & Michelle6266,

I am in for the current campaign (April 2010) and hope to be in Adelaide come April 2010. I would say that there are quite a few others in the same boat of wishful thinking. Anyway welcome to the forum.

You may want to have a look thorugh the SAPOL / WAPOL thread which has been running a while now. This shows you some of the ups and downs some people have had with the process so far. You will also find some of the people that applied in Dec 2008 and that have made it through for April 2010.

Good luck

and Cheers

Charlie389 Aug 14th 2009 11:10 am

Originally Posted by sunworshipper (Post 7808650)
Hi is there anyone out there who is applying on this current campaign?
my other half has his exam on Thursday.
Good luck to everyone :fingerscrossed:

I had the exam on the same date, got my fingers crossed! Working on the fitness level, now, not done much since I joined Strathclyde! I have found one benefit of having turned 30 now though, fewer sit ups and push ups required! :D

michelle6266 Aug 14th 2009 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by madogs and Irish Men (Post 7837676)
Hello Sunworshipper & Michelle6266,

I am in for the current campaign (April 2010) and hope to be in Adelaide come April 2010. I would say that there are quite a few others in the same boat of wishful thinking. Anyway welcome to the forum.

You may want to have a look thorugh the SAPOL / WAPOL thread which has been running a while now. This shows you some of the ups and downs some people have had with the process so far. You will also find some of the people that applied in Dec 2008 and that have made it through for April 2010.

Good luck

and Cheers

Hi there, thanks for replying, we were interviewed in jan ,got through , if you havent had the fitness yet , they take it very serious, you must get prepared for it ,you have to pass, so get training for those with the fitness to come .
we've checked out the sapol/wapol thread ,cant work it out , its prob me im not that technical as you probally gathered, my husband Darren is the policeman, im just the one that has the time to check things out ,want to talk to as many people as we can who are starting in april 6th 2010.

anyway thanks again talk to you soon.

michelle6266 Aug 14th 2009 12:44 pm

Hi there thanks for your reply, my husband darren was interviewed in jan , and we were lucky to pass , so we are going in march for the april 6th 2010 start .

checked out the sapol/wapol forum ,cant seem to work it out ,but hey im a one finger job on the computer , what do we expect haha,

hoping to get to know people ,who are also joining in april.

hope your successful .
anyway good luck .

sunworshipper Aug 15th 2009 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie389 (Post 7842855)
I had the exam on the same date, got my fingers crossed! Working on the fitness level, now, not done much since I joined Strathclyde! I have found one benefit of having turned 30 now though, fewer sit ups and push ups required! :D

I've got my fingers crossed as well!! hate this waiting it's driving me mad!!
My OH thought the exam was ok, how do you think you did? He applied in 2007 but failed on the personality profile so we are trying not to get to excited this time but it's hard!!

good luck:thumbup:

Charlie389 Aug 16th 2009 9:38 am

I thought the exams were OK, although I didn't manage to finish the standard matrices booklet. I was really scratching my head towards the end of it! All the best to you and your OH, will let you know on 11/09 how I got on.:thumbup:

michelle6266 Aug 16th 2009 10:15 am

Hi sunworshipper.
Hope your lucky this time , we had our interviews in jan 2009 , and have been accepted , just sorting out the visa application at the moment , quite straight forward once you have all the paperwork in place ,and awaiting our medicals for immigration.
They re-opened the intake for april 2010 ,is that when you applied ? ,have you (husband ) had the fitness yet , at the moment we are trying to decide on locations where we hope to be posted .
We were out in adelaide in may , fab place ,prefer coastal of course, but its a fab city also , cant decide but its not far from the coast if we decide the city ,not so sure about country , but hey if you got the sun , what more can you ask for , do you have a preference on postings.
my name is michelle , husband darren the policeman, we have 2 children sadie 14 and zac 10 ,have you children ?.
anyway nice hearing from you ,and good luck .

sunworshipper Aug 16th 2009 11:28 am

Hi Charlie 389 and Michelle6266!

Well done Michelle! i bet your so excited!! my husband has just applied for this second recruitment drive that opened in June so has just done the exam, we find out on the 11th Sept if he has passed. we will be home from Spain on the 12th so i will post the result then!!!! (fingers crossed it's a yes!!)
He is working hard at the moment for the fitness!! those twisty sit ups sound a killer!!! what a horrible technique! i hear a lot failed on them on the last fitness but were offered a second attempt at them on a different day. not sure if they will do that again? anyway he is trying his very best so i can't ask for more!!
We have 3 children, 2 boys aged 15 and 13 and a girl who will be 4 in October! I have started looking at areas and i seem to like the look of the south coast, areas like Christies beach for example, although to be honest it all looks nice!! i have also looked at country as financially it's a good option as we would not have a lot of money. we would have to sell our house.
Ive decided to stop looking as much now just in case he doesn't get through. Were the interviews ok?? did you go?? what do your children think?? how have your family's reacted?? where do you live? we live in Stockport near Manchester.
I also go on another forum which is aimed just for police who are migrating to Australia, New Zealand and Canada, it has so much information on it, it's really good, it's called police-forum.com. Have a look there are people on there who are also starting in April 2010
Nice to hear from you:D

michelle6266 Aug 16th 2009 2:16 pm

Hi the interviews were so laid back you didnt feel you were at a interview ,they just want to make sure you realize how difficult the move will be , and how committed you are ,the fitness is solid, i was there and you can watch to give support, but they take the fitness very serious, the situps was the hardest and if my husband had to do one more he would of failed,and he is very fit.
The family are very mixed , dont blame us , but dont want us to go , i feel very selfish on times, as my family are not that wealthy, and will probally not be able to afford to come over for visits, but i have to think of my childrens future, we will never know if its the right move until we try it , dont you think?
We live in south wales, we own a 4 bedroom house on a lovely new estate, which we own outright, we have just rented it out as we decided it is safer to do just in case it doesnt work out and when we decide we love it in oz or hate it ?we will then sell.
Yes christies beach area is lovely , but quite sleepy, we prefer glenelg -brighton, but its a little pricier, but brighton school is one of the best around so im told, also Adelaide high is fantastic, but dont really want to live in the city, you have to be in the catchment area to send them to the schools. alot to find out still, but christies beach is fab.
Anyway speak to you again.

sunworshipper Aug 17th 2009 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by michelle6266 (Post 7848027)
Hi the interviews were so laid back you didnt feel you were at a interview ,they just want to make sure you realize how difficult the move will be , and how committed you are ,the fitness is solid, i was there and you can watch to give support, but they take the fitness very serious, the situps was the hardest and if my husband had to do one more he would of failed,and he is very fit.
The family are very mixed , dont blame us , but dont want us to go , i feel very selfish on times, as my family are not that wealthy, and will probally not be able to afford to come over for visits, but i have to think of my childrens future, we will never know if its the right move until we try it , dont you think?
We live in south wales, we own a 4 bedroom house on a lovely new estate, which we own outright, we have just rented it out as we decided it is safer to do just in case it doesnt work out and when we decide we love it in oz or hate it ?we will then sell.
Yes christies beach area is lovely , but quite sleepy, we prefer glenelg -brighton, but its a little pricier, but brighton school is one of the best around so im told, also Adelaide high is fantastic, but dont really want to live in the city, you have to be in the catchment area to send them to the schools. alot to find out still, but christies beach is fab.
Anyway speak to you again.

Hi Michelle
I think your right that you should try it in Oz.... as you say you'll never know if you don't, and you may always regret not going.
Your in a great position with owning your house!! wow your so lucky!! I think it's a great idea to rent it out and then you know that if you do want to return then you still have your home!
I've been looking at areas and schools again! there is so much research to do! i just want to be prepared in case we get as far as an interview!!!
Well all the best for now:)

michelle6266 Aug 18th 2009 4:59 pm

Hi there.
Have you heard of your interview dates yet ? hope you are lucky , we were back and forth to london at least 3 times close together , which is difficult when your trying to fit in work also, but its worth it , im self employed here a mobile hairdresser, hoping to do the same in oz, it would be easier to fit in with the school hours, and if you dont work you wont meet people, are you hoping to work in oz?, what do you do at the moment ? .
Ive been checking out the schools also its alot to try and take in, it seems to be lots of private education out there, but even the goverment schools there are fees which in the uk we dont have , but the standard is very high , check out brighton high and adelaide high both good schools, alot going on for your childrens ages.
good luck.

sunworshipper Aug 19th 2009 8:54 am

Hi Michelle

no we don't hear if we have got through to the interview stage until the 11th September:fingerscrossed:

I've looked at those schools you have suggested and they do look great! especially as there not even private schools!!!
I am a dental nurse and would want to work. I've looked at different websites and there does seem to be quite a few jobs advertised in Adelaide so that is encouraging!!!
Hairdressing is in short supply in Australia and is on the jobs wanted list so that's great for you! you will be in demand i'm sure. You can cut my familys hair if we ever get there!!!!
We are going to Spain on the 27th August for 16 days so won't be posting on here until we get home but i will keep in touch and let you know if we get through to the interviews and fitness!!!
Take care:)