Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Gibraltar Police? Yes? No?

Royal Gibraltar Police? Yes? No?

Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:17 pm
Just Joined... In 2011!

martinrobinson1490 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Royal Gibraltar Police? Yes? No?

Hi,

Since March this year I have been in touch with Corporate Development at Royal Gibraltar Police. I am considering applying to work as a constable over there and if I get through the selection process I will be moving out there with my girlfriend.
I am currently a serving police officer with Northumbria Police just coming up to three years service.
From speaking to corporate development I can not transfer directly to RGP and will have to start as one of their recruit constables.
Anyone done this move? or know anyone who has?
Please reply.
Thanks.
Martin
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

TOURIST1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Gibraltar Police? Yes? No?

You might find that to apply to the Gibraltar police you have to be a resident of Gibraltar for three years prior to application.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:52 pm
Just Joined... In 2011!

martinrobinson1490 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TOURIST1
You might find that to apply to the Gibraltar police you have to be a resident of Gibraltar for three years prior to application.
according to the correspondence I have had with corporate development it is possible to join if -
1) I am over 18 and a british citizen and,
2) Will be so resident in Gibraltar if employed.

There are other ways such as the one you have stated - being resident in Gibraltar for a minimum of 3 years.

And another whereby you are the spouse of a British citizen by virtue of a connection with Gibraltar, provided they are resident in Gibraltar.

This information was sent to me in march mind
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:50 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tourist 1

I just noticed this is your first post and wanted to say welcome to BE.
Are you a copper per chance?

Dread -x
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:53 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinrobinson1490
Hi,

Since March this year I have been in touch with Corporate Development at Royal Gibraltar Police. I am considering applying to work as a constable over there and if I get through the selection process I will be moving out there with my girlfriend.
I am currently a serving police officer with Northumbria Police just coming up to three years service.
From speaking to corporate development I can not transfer directly to RGP and will have to start as one of their recruit constables.
Anyone done this move? or know anyone who has?
Please reply.
Thanks.
Martin
Hi Martin

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but have you tried our Europe forum as there may be some expats who live in Gib who can offer you some advice and information.

Good luck with your plans - it sounds pretty exciting......and a lot warmer than Northumbria !!

Dread - x
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:54 am
Just Joined

TOURIST1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dread, why do you want to know what my occupation is?

Tourist.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:23 pm

Dread, why do you want to know what my occupation is?

Tourist.
Just making conversation Tourist - and wondered whether you are in the job as you're in the police thread. It is not an issue if you don't wish to say.

Dread - x
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

bomber2908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Royal Gibraltar Police? Yes? No?

Hi there

I have just been in touch recently and apparently there is no transfer as such. You will have to apply once you have moved there and then start at the same wage around £20,000 pa, if they take you on.