Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police II

Royal Cayman Islands Police II

Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Eranu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police II

Hello everyone,

I too have had my interview in London, which went ok. It was more of a chat than an interrogation and i think i may have missed the opportunity to 'sell myself' to my prospective employees...

However, one way or another, I will know next week whether successfull!

Apparantly the start date is September.

Best of luck to you all, and i hope to see some of you on the Island in a few months!

Eranu
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:44 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

Did anyone mention that they knew of Cayman Jonny, or Bobby .... whatever his name is...

Don't think that would've gone down too well. I kept schtum.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Eranu is an unknown quantity at this point

i mentioned briefly that i'd read 'mixed' reviews, which i'm think they're more than aware of...!

did anyone get told how and when they would be notified of outcome?

Eranu

Originally Posted by fabledbananna
Did anyone mention that they knew of Cayman Jonny, or Bobby .... whatever his name is...

Don't think that would've gone down too well. I kept schtum.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

cymru craig is an unknown quantity at this point

early next week. by e mail or letter i was told
Old Jun 17th 2006, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Chastity is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police II

I mentioned the negative 'reviews' and the subject was glossed over and no comment was really given........

I heard that there are 15 places and 28 were interviewed.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:23 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

Of course, if we don't make it this time - there's always WAPOL who are now recruiting for Jan 2007 Applications in by July 30th

Word has it they're far more professional than anything we're used to.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:27 pm
Banned

Pat Butcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you heard yet?

I understand (from currently serving Officer) that the new recruits will all be posted to shift at George Town. This means a very stressful 12 hours most likely covering the cell duties for 2 out of 4 shifts - think 'midnight express' and you'll be close...... :scared:
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pat Butcher
Have you heard yet?

I understand (from currently serving Officer) that the new recruits will all be posted to shift at George Town. This means a very stressful 12 hours most likely covering the cell duties for 2 out of 4 shifts - think 'midnight express' and you'll be close...... :scared:
I'm not bothered about that. I can handle sitting in a cell block for 12 hours being called names by the great unwashed of the Caribbean.

It's the hurricane season that worries me.

A mates uncle works at the Met office in London. He says that this year will be the most active on record. He even advised that I postpone my start date until December 1st if they're willing.

For two reasons, no.1 being safety! (How many hundreds died in Katrina?
And no.2 being financial. I don't want to suffer the loss of a car and apartment which can easily set you back 5000 pounds.

Then there's the several weeks without water, power etc.etc.... :scared:

It may be worth asking to start once the season is over....That's assuming we get appointed.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:22 pm
Banned

Pat Butcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Now then prospective new recruits.... don't take my word for the extrodinarily high cost of living look at what my good friend and very experienced RCIp Officer has to say on his blog.

http://caymancop.blogspot.com/

Luckily for him he was able to get off shift early on his contract and didn't have to suffer. He now has a very nice job supposedly patrolling 7 mile beach and he swans off to the Brac to teach the 'Dare programme" every so often.

He's got the best job yet he's still negative - what does that tell you????
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Just curious to ask.
If successful who would be interested in renting place on grand cayman together??

Pm or or post reply
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cymru craig
Just curious to ask.
If successful who would be interested in renting place on grand cayman together??

Pm or or post reply
I'll share so long as we can get two others. I think four people would be about right. We should be able to live fairly comfortably with the bills split four ways, is what I'm told.

BTW, Do you mind 2 dogs and a 3 cats?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Chastity is an unknown quantity at this point

I've thought long and hard about it but I can't go.

The Cons:
1. The pension
2. The 5 year rate of pay, I find that a bit of a 'put down' they recruit for experience.......
3. Career prospects
4. Price of apartments / cost of living (Banana, sadly I think you'll have trouble finding somewhere that takes pets)
5. Hurricane season
6. Working conditions
7. The 2 year contract - can you be sure of a renewal and for how long?

The Pros:
1. Sun
2. Beach

Old Jun 25th 2006, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

spartacus129 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, has anybody found out yet then??? whats the SP?
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

i got it
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Anyone else successful??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.