Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Question about visa application

Question about visa application

Old May 21st 2013, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about visa application

Hi, Am I going to have to have lots of money to make the move over. I own a house in the uk but currently have no equity there. I was going to rent the house out through an agency if I was to be successful and move to wapol. I do though have no savings and other debts from credit cards etc (all manageable). Will this prevent me from being granted a visa?

Exciting times good luck to all that have applied
Old May 21st 2013, 7:37 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Re: Question about visa application

No.
if you've got a job offer which will clearly show that you can support yourself and your family there shouldn't be a problem.
All the best.
Old May 21st 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!

Where will I find the correct application? I have checked the department of immigration site but I am not sure which visa I am looking for. Any ideas?
Old May 21st 2013, 8:59 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

I'd imagine that once you re successful WAPol will give you guidance as to what visa you will need to apply for.
Any applications you do make is entirely independent of the recruitment process and WAPol have no say in it being granted.
All the best.
Old May 21st 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Damo-LFC will become famous soon enough

If you are going to move to Australia with a PR visa then u need to have a skill which is recognised and score 55 points or more. If u are in the police already and are applying for a transfer then you are guided through the process and merely follow instructions given to you and fork out the £2000 or so. You only need to take money with you if you aren't on a 189 or 190. But be careful though as other visas don't offer as much benifit / protection. Final point, quite a lot of my mates who have done this process state it costs them all in all around 10 thousand from start to finish (visa / services / container / flights). Good luck and hope it works out
Old May 21st 2013, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice. If I am sucessful I intend to come over and start a fresh so visa and flight's should be the only real expense. I will take all your advice on board.

Thanks
Old May 22nd 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Damo-LFC
If you are going to move to Australia with a PR visa then u need to have a skill which is recognised and score 55 points or more. If u are in the police already and are applying for a transfer then you are guided through the process and merely follow instructions given to you and fork out the £2000 or so. You only need to take money with you if you aren't on a 189 or 190. But be careful though as other visas don't offer as much benifit / protection. Final point, quite a lot of my mates who have done this process state it costs them all in all around 10 thousand from start to finish (visa / services / container / flights). Good luck and hope it works out
The ten grand figure is handy to know. Massive decision, but chances don't come around very often.
Old May 25th 2013, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point

It costs a lot but I think you can do it more cheaply if you need to.
The major costs are the visa $3000 which covers you and family partner etc, the visa medical £300 each and of course flights and some accommodation for when you arrive.
Don't forget the process will take about a year which is plenty of time to save.