Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
The Handsome WAPOL wannabee lay warm and cozy under his duvet, dreaming of pastures new on this, his one long lie of the week. In his mind he was strolling along Cottesloe beach, the hot sand heating him up from below as the crashing surf filled his ears with the rhythmic pounding of the ocean all set beneath the pleasant presence of the hot, early morning sun. It was glorious, it was peaceful and the Handsome sleeping chap smiled in contentment

" Bleep"

Like a Pro-Plus taking Meerkat the WAPOL wannabee sat bolt upright, eyes sweeping side to side as his brain processed at Warp factor 7
"A bleep? A bleep? News, its gotta be bloody news!!!!!!"

His right arm shot out towards the sideboard and snatched his mobile faster than a high street shoplifter. He quickly checked the time.
"8am on a Saturday? It must be bloody important" he said to himself as his pulse quickened in furious anticipation.
" Maybe they've decided early. This is it. This is it"

He opened up the forum and read, his chest rising as the excitement pumped through his heart

"Wanted Down Under? That's it? Wanted Down Bloody Under!!!!"

Deflated, he put the phone down, pulled the duvet around him and sighed like a recently dumped girlfriend. He stayed like that for about ten minutes, desperately seeking sleep.
But it wouldn't come. His mind was racing.

Reluctantly he got out of bed and went for coffee. Another fruitless day in Limboland lay ahead.
"Thanks Simps mate. Thanks a lot "
HB

This made me laugh!!! Even after 2hours sleep from nightshift!
Old Oct 5th 2013, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
The Handsome WAPOL wannabee lay warm and cozy under his duvet, dreaming of pastures new on this, his one long lie of the week. In his mind he was strolling along Cottesloe beach, the hot sand heating him up from below as the crashing surf filled his ears with the rhythmic pounding of the ocean all set beneath the pleasant presence of the hot, early morning sun. It was glorious, it was peaceful and the Handsome sleeping chap smiled in contentment

" Bleep"

Like a Pro-Plus taking Meerkat the WAPOL wannabee sat bolt upright, eyes sweeping side to side as his brain processed at Warp factor 7
"A bleep? A bleep? News, its gotta be bloody news!!!!!!"

His right arm shot out towards the sideboard and snatched his mobile faster than a high street shoplifter. He quickly checked the time.
"8am on a Saturday? It must be bloody important" he said to himself as his pulse quickened in furious anticipation.
" Maybe they've decided early. This is it. This is it"

He opened up the forum and read, his chest rising as the excitement pumped through his heart

"Wanted Down Under? That's it? Wanted Down Bloody Under!!!!"

Deflated, he put the phone down, pulled the duvet around him and sighed like a recently dumped girlfriend. He stayed like that for about ten minutes, desperately seeking sleep.
But it wouldn't come. His mind was racing.

Reluctantly he got out of bed and went for coffee. Another fruitless day in Limboland lay ahead.
"Thanks Simps mate. Thanks a lot "
HB
That's tickled me HB..... Have a good day......
Old Oct 5th 2013, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

simps is an unknown quantity at this point

Pmsl youve made my weekend. Bet you watched it though
Old Oct 5th 2013, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

HB.

I am night shift this weekend also, still managed to squeeze in the WDU family from St Anne's Chapel in Cornwall on BBC iplayer yesterday. That was my old patch before crossing the water to Plymouth. I felt very sorry for that poor bloke who wanted to move to Perth like he wanted a hole in the head.
Funny though how Perth in the rain still looks as good as Plymouth in the summer! Same thing in reality! Beep beep.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:28 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant Harry. Similar to the dreams I have. Unfortunately, I get woken by 2 screaming kids jumping up and down on the bed after 3 hours sleep following a 16 hour shift!
At least it's the weekend! Enjoy everyone in limbo land. ;-)
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Nice bottle of Hardys Shiraz tonight I think just to get me thinking about it again when I look at the bottle. God its only Tuesday.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Bleep bleep. I'm Night shift till Friday morning so hopefully this week will pass quite quick. Assuming my bloody phone stops Bleeping that is.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ill make sure it does just as you think your about to nod off.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

I tell you what. From Monday if the phone bleeps I'll be passing it to Mrs Bosch and hiding behind the couch.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Harry you are suffering from young mens' syndrome - you're peaking too early. I don't think we will hear as early as next week. Save the couch for the following week. I haven't slept properly for ages now, just finished weekend night shift but wishing every shift was nights seeing as I can't sleep anyway.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dinger. It's better to arrive at the pub early that way you get the pick of the seats. Us oldies need a seat from time to time.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Harry the only seats we want are with Qantas airlines! If you get to the pub first you end up getting the first round in, being a tight Geordie I avoid that at all cost! With age comes experience and wisdom:-)
Old Oct 9th 2013, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it mid October yet??????
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Is it mid October yet??????
beep beep....... No sorry Irish.....

At least another week.... Or two I reckon.... the wait continues.....
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:31 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

You lot need to learn ALOT of patience lol ... There is a very good reason why WA= wait awhile. With everything from toadies, to paperwork but to especially for waiting for a response from any department! Wait until you have to deal with DIPB....

Just couple of hint from someone who's been here 15 yrs...

When looking for rental, make sure it has both air con & heating, you'll need them both, very much!

The academy is very close to Wanneroo, it is the best place to find fresh and cheap veg, fruit etc. Open on weekends and will save you a fortune in groceries!
http://www.wanneroomarkets.com.au

Pop into the BE Australia forum for general COL info etc..

And lastly, one tip that I've given to most, if one has an asthmatic family member, over here VENTOLIN is over the counter med, don't bother booking for doctors to get a script for that (need one preventatives though)..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.