Police In Wa

Old Sep 9th 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

GTFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Police In Wa

Hi

I've Just Applied Through Internation Recruitment To Join The Western Australia Police. I Am A Serving Bobby In Th Uk. Would Like To Know If There Are Any Other Ex Pat Bobbies Who Can Give Me Some Advice On What It's Like To Work For Wa Police . . Pay, Holidays, Work Conditions Etc Etc

Cheers Sean
Old Sep 9th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Police In Wa

Originally Posted by GTFC
Hi

I've Just Applied Through Internation Recruitment To Join The Western Australia Police. I Am A Serving Bobby In Th Uk. Would Like To Know If There Are Any Other Ex Pat Bobbies Who Can Give Me Some Advice On What It's Like To Work For Wa Police . . Pay, Holidays, Work Conditions Etc Etc

Cheers Sean
I was looking at a career change and joining the police in Melbourne upon arrival, however when i checked up on it 12months back, as a new recruit the pay would only be about £13kpa (when converted) and rise to only £16k after 5 years???
This was as new recruit so prob diff for you.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:06 am
Just Joined

chrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the rough

Sean

Hi - my hubby is an ex-Brit officer and is just finishing a coversion course in New Zealand after being recruited from the UK. Look at this website www.policedashforum.com its for officer to WA and SAPOL and NZ as well as Canada. By the way the dash is - for some reason they don't like to recognise this on here if I put the real address www.************.com see if it works!!! They also recruit officers from UK and u get paid experience etc. Hope it helps,

Chris
Old Sep 10th 2006, 6:28 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

How bizarre!!!

Just tried to post with the same url.......brought up all the asterixes!!

Anyone know why this is? Is it something to do with the word 'forum' being contained in the addy?

Very confused!!!

(PS, sorry to hijack the thread)
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

cheers for that CHRISVAN i'll take a look.

sean
Old Sep 11th 2006, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

IrishInOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Police In Wa

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
How bizarre!!!

Just tried to post with the same url.......brought up all the asterixes!!

Anyone know why this is? Is it something to do with the word 'forum' being contained in the addy?

Very confused!!!

(PS, sorry to hijack the thread)
Yes, the URL for the UK Police Forum that your refer to has been blocked on this Website which in my opinion is quite immature on the part of those responsible and shows a sense of insecurity if it is meant to avoid competition.

Don't try to PM the URL because it will be blocked on that as well.

The only way to transmit the URL is via your own email.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

bokkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Cheers Sean
hi there, i have also applied to WA have you heard from them as yet, I'm getting obsessed with checking my e-mails
Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

daveb11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Police In Wa

Originally Posted by bokkie
hi there, i have also applied to WA have you heard from them as yet, I'm getting obsessed with checking my e-mails
hi mate i tried last year to get in the pay scales are not that bad,ive got 18yrs in gmp and i would go for it.the pay and conditions are far better than the uk the only problem is the pension if you have a lot of service in the uk.i have reaplied and am going for it agian you never know.ps i did the info day and exam if you need to know any details dave
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daveb11
hi mate i tried last year to get in the pay scales are not that bad,ive got 18yrs in gmp and i would go for it.the pay and conditions are far better than the uk the only problem is the pension if you have a lot of service in the uk.i have reaplied and am going for it agian you never know.ps i did the info day and exam if you need to know any details dave
hi thanks for the reply

yes i would love to find out some details is it better for me to pm them to you, it is all new to me so any help would be great
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bokkie

I certainly have, just read my e-mail today and have got the tests in London on Monday 30th October !! Any news ??
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

I certainly have, just read my e-mail today and have got the tests in London on Monday 30th October !! Any news ??

hi congrats and best of luck for the test
yes i got my e-mail this afternoon, i have the test day in London on the Tuesday 31 October (hmm halloween hope its a happy halloween)
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

DarrenNI is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations and good luck. I will be going to London on 1st November.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Police In Wa

Originally Posted by DarrenNI
Congratulations and good luck. I will be going to London on 1st November.
well done, do you have to travel far to get to London if so are you staying over the night before.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:32 am
Just Joined

DarrenNI is an unknown quantity at this point

Travelling to London from Northern Ireland on 31st October. Dont know where to stay yet. Thinking of trying to get a section house with City of London.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DarrenNI
Travelling to London from Northern Ireland on 31st October. Dont know where to stay yet. Thinking of trying to get a section house with City of London.
gosh you are travelling far, I'm am traveling from Manchester, i am looking into a BnB the hotels are very expensive. will keep you informed if i find anywhere nice, i need to be close to Oz house as i have no idea where i am in London and i have a nack for getting lost, ....cant afford to be late.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.