Police in Canada

Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Chawky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police in Canada

Hi Folks;

I've found this board really helpful for information so far, but I ahvent been able to find an answer to a couple of questions I have.

I was wondering if there was a maximum length of service criteria on joining the Canadian police?I left the Police 12 months ago after 23 years and am now 43. Am I too old or have too much service?

Also, is there a credit check for entry into the police over there? I worked for a business since leaving the service and we had our overdraft recalled without warning 2 months ago thanks to the banking collapse and have had to go bankrupt. This has destroyed my unblemished credit record! Of course after 12 months things improve and we are not thinking about moving for 18 months. I am aware that it does take a considerable time from start to finish and that there are obviously credit checks for housing, but would something like this forbid entry to the job?

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

paddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police in Canada

Hi Chawkey,

No upper age limit mate within reason off course. Your age is fine..Has seen a recruit over 50 before with lots of previous police service. If you have something to offer Calgary will take you.

From memory you do supply your recruiter with a copy of your credit history from back home...But from what I have experianced Calgary are very understanding. Lots of people have a far from perfect credit history but just explain the circumstances to the recruiter and that will be looked at.

Again be honest and explain..Dont try to hide anything.. A few guys have slipped up because of trying to hide something.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Chawky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police in Canada

Thanks for the reply mate.