Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Partners Permanent resisdence and Vic Police

Partners Permanent resisdence and Vic Police

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

jimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nice
Default Partners Permanent resisdence and Vic Police

Hey everybody,
My partner will be applying for PR in 3 months time and I will be added as her de facto spouse. I am currently on a 457 visa and would like to switch when the PR comes through, I would then like to apply to join Vic police. Would this be possible ?
cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partners Permanent resisdence and Vic Police

Hi jimmip

At the time of my writing, 86 people have viewed your post and no-one has replied so I thought I'd say hello

I'm in Canada so cannot really help you - talk of de facto spouses and 457's has completely thrown me. Can I suggest, if you haven't already, repeating your post in the Oz immigration section too.

I am presuming that you need to be a Permanent Resident in order to apply for the police force that you want?

Good luck
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimmip
Hey everybody,
My partner will be applying for PR in 3 months time and I will be added as her de facto spouse. I am currently on a 457 visa and would like to switch when the PR comes through, I would then like to apply to join Vic police. Would this be possible ?
cheers
Are you coming to Canada (Victoria Police) or is Vic Police in Australia? If its Canada then Victoria Police require that you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen. What is a 457?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

jimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nice

Sorry everyone in causing confusion, its Victoria Australia. I might try the repost.457 is a temp working visa .
thanks
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimmip
Hey everybody,
cheers
Hello Jimmi,

Yes, if you have permanent residency status.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=14447

Cheers,
Andy