NZ CORRECTIONS

Old Jun 6th 2019, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Nairobi Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ CORRECTIONS

They're accepting international applications best get in quick!
Old Jun 6th 2019, 11:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ CORRECTIONS

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack
They're accepting international applications best get in quick!
Off you go then
Old Jun 6th 2019, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know where you are getting your info from but website clearly states.........

Overseas applicants must have either New Zealand citizenship OR residency OR a work visa that entitles them to work in New Zealand for a minimum of 24 months (from start of employment with the Department). At this time we cannot accept applications from candidates who require a job offer in order to gain a work visa for New Zealand. Please refer to Immigration New Zealand website for more information on obtaining New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.

Candidates will also need to be available to travel to New Zealand to complete parts of the assessment process, including an Assessment Centre and physical testing. All costs associated with travelling to New Zealand to undertake recruitment selection processes will be at the candidate’s expense

Old Jun 6th 2019, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Well that's what I said best strike when the irons hot not wait for that ship to sail. When I checked it said international and that's only a few days back
Old Jun 6th 2019, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, if you look at my history I made people aware of international recruitment last year. There hasn't been a drive since. You need a visa before applying, NZ ship has sailed also
Old Jun 6th 2019, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

You the man bro
Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jim2001
Nope, if you look at my history I made people aware of international recruitment last year. There hasn't been a drive since. You need a visa before applying, NZ ship has sailed also
If I may. Do you mean one needs a residency visa rather than a work visa? I am assuming that is what you mean as with a work visa it is a job offer first before one can apply for a work visa.

You actually do not need a visa to apply for NZ Corrections. Anyone can apply from overseas and the NZ Corrections Department , being an NZ Immigration accredited employer, would be able to hire that overseas person without having to show that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could be trained up for the work. The NZ Corrections Dept pay the NZ Govt a fee for that privilege.

This does not read very well .
[ Overseas applicants must have either New Zealand citizenship OR residency OR a work visa that entitles them to work in New Zealand for a minimum of 24 months (from start of employment with the Department).
From this it seems anyone on an NZ temp work visa could leave their job and join the corrections dept. That is not so. Any work visa is dependent on the NZ employer. If the employment changes then the validity of the visa does also unless one applies for a variation of conditions. Even then any job offer must match an applicants work experience and qualifications for that work.

It also reads

--- that entitles them to work in New Zealand for a minimum of 24 months (from start of employment with the Department)
No idea how this should actually read but it makes little sense as NZ immigration law does not allow for that. It is employment first , then visa. Not the other way around.

At this time we cannot accept applications from candidates who require a job offer in order to gain a work visa for New Zealand. Please refer to Immigration New Zealand website for more information on obtaining New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
This wording is misleading really in terms of immigration policies and visas, particularly given they are NZIS accredited.
What it should perhaps read is simply ' At this time there is no shortage of correction officers in NZ . Therefore we are not accepting or processing any applications from overseas.'

None of that stops anyone from applying though , nor does it stop the NZ Corrections Dept from issuing a job offer and then the applicant going on to uplift a work visa.

As the overseas tab for the Corrections Dept website appears to have disappeared I think it is correct to suppose that the Dept of Corrections is not in the process of a recruitment drive for Corrections Officers at the moment. it may well be open to other occupations within the department.

I will also state here though that the overseas applicant tab was available up to a few weeks back. I know as I checked it myself.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:57 am
`

To be clear . The reason for my lengthy post is to be clear about NZ immigration visas and policies.

At the moment, as with many other countries, the topic of immigration and imported workers from overseas has become something of a hot potato. The overview from many is that NZ does not want or need this . This is not correct and I know of several industries that are now suffering due to the adjustments made to the shortages lists & the tightening of certain criteria. Of course those around government want power so will play the game to win the audience they feel holds the most votes no matter how feeble. The Dept of Corrections is a Govt agency so has no choice.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bevs that backs up what I was saying and personally I thought it a great opportunity for those seeking a new start in life!
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:54 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

You seems to have an agenda with your 53 posts. Polly’s post count, as a former super moderator, at 90 000 plus indicates she’s always here to help people, has been for decades, at her own time and without pay. Some gratitude maybefrom you, instead of whinging, after all / we’ve steered you several times about Australia police recruitment. Just my two cents worth.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

As said before, NZ corrections was recruiting internationally. Unfortunately not now but things change right?

Just to be clear I put that info purely for the greater good altruistically.

I don't intend on putting in for it myself as I'm quite happy where I am doing what I'm doing.

One day I'd like to visit Down Under to see all the beautiful sites down there like Hanging Rock Sydney Harbour and especially the Queensland area, but as a tourist not to work. Unless I get posted there for an assignment that is through being in federal law enforcement.

Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack
As said before, NZ corrections was recruiting internationally. Unfortunately not now but things change right?

Just to be clear I put that info purely for the greater good altruistically.

I don't intend on putting in for it myself as I'm quite happy where I am doing what I'm doing.

One day I'd like to visit Down Under to see all the beautiful sites down there like Hanging Rock Sydney Harbour and especially the Queensland area, but as a tourist not to work. Unless I get posted there for an assignment that is through being in federal law enforcement.
Hate the place myself! Don't want to put you off but do you have any idea how big the Queensland area is? Could take a while to see it all.
To work in Federa law enforcement in Aus you will need citizenship first Hope this info helps - gives you something to aim at.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

I meant on assignment from my own work in Federal law enforcement as we have offices in Australia and work closely with Australian Federal Authorities on crime and immigration matters.

I know Queensland is massive. My country's still bigger though. I want to see Brisbane and the lush tropical areas where many of my favorite Australian movies were filmed
Old Jun 7th 2019, 9:33 pm
`

OK.
I think I made the NZ Immigration policies and processes + the NZ Corrections current position clear in my posts.

I'll close the thread now.

Thanks