Now or Never!!

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Paul in cornwall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Now or Never!!

Hello,

I nearly applied to join one of the forces in Canada 3 years ago but a family illness prevented it.
I am now 45 and know its got to be be done soon or it will never happen.
I have 16 years experience and am currently a Sgt. and married with 3 teenage children,and I want to give them better opportunities as well.
Is Edmonton the only viable option for me at this time or does anyone know of any other forces that take experienced police officers.

any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Paul
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Now or Never!!

Originally Posted by Paul in cornwall
Hello,

I nearly applied to join one of the forces in Canada 3 years ago but a family illness prevented it.
I have 16 years experience and am currently a Sgt. and married with 3 teenage children,and I want to give them better opportunities as well.
Is Edmonton the only viable option for me at this time or does anyone know of any other forces that take experienced police officers.

Thanks

Paul
I joined EPS in 2007 at age 44 after 12 years with Hants.
And as you say its now or never...
EPS still recruits from the UK, Calagary did but I am not sure if it still does.
I dont know of any other force that will help you with your permanent residence other than EPS.
There are other forces that will take you if you do your own immigration thing but that could be time consuming. It also means you have to land first then they will talk to you.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

source is an unknown quantity at this point

We are coming out to Canada this summer (part of a month long trip) and we were hoping to get to Edmonton for a look about. I don't know that we will manage there but our plane does depart from Calgary so we should be able to find the Police station and have a look about.

Would it be frowned upon for us to pop into the station so hubby could have a look about and maybe chat to someone?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul in cornwall
Hello,

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul,
Calgary are still want people to send their CV in, the following link might help.
http://calgarypolicenews.typepad.com...-campaign.html
Good luck Sam