British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   New Zealand corrections opportunity (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/new-zealand-corrections-opportunity-924402/)

Nairobi Jack Apr 23rd 2019 5:31 pm

New Zealand corrections opportunity

Department of Corrections

they will help you get over if you are interested in this opportunity.

Nairobi Jack May 7th 2019 12:46 pm

Re: New Zealand corrections opportunity

How come no takers?I would have thought NZ a very nice country indeed and better than Birmingham or Scunthorpe!!

spouse of scouse May 7th 2019 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack (Post 12680349)
How come no takers?I would have thought NZ a very nice country indeed and better than Birmingham or Scunthorpe!!

How would you know that there were no takers? The only way you would know is if you were the person reading the applications, and the applicant mentioned they'd seen your BE post. Not a likely combination I'd have thought :D

Nairobi Jack May 12th 2019 6:25 pm

Yeah they might have said they're in the process like all this on Cayman stuff going on. Anyhow NZ corrections is the only overseas opportunity going at present. So get with the program

Pollyana May 12th 2019 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack (Post 12682851)
Yeah they might have said they're in the process like all this on Cayman stuff going on. Anyhow NZ corrections is the only overseas opportunity going at present. So get with the program

There have been lots of threads on the NZ forum over the years about jobs in Corrections, and I'm sure I've seen several people move there to take up jobs in that department. Its always been a popular topic in that forum.

Nairobi Jack May 12th 2019 9:30 pm

That's real good to know.because a lot of guys here need to think outside the box the days when fed up UK police could go direct entry as supervisors to some Commonwealth police force are most definitely over!!!

BEVS May 12th 2019 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack (Post 12682905)
That's real good to know.because a lot of guys here need to think outside the box the days when fed up UK police could go direct entry as supervisors to some Commonwealth police force are most definitely over!!!

In a way that is true enough. These years there is no shortage of home growns to take up training with the NZ constabulary. I suppose if the NZ budget and funding was to alter for more policemen and policewomen a shortage might open up where they would advertise overseas but I rather doubt this will happen these forthcoming years.

The Corrections Department is an NZ immigration accredited employer. It usually has ongoing vacancies . To apply to NZ Corrections for a position one does need relevant experience and someone trained as a police officer would count towards that.

Yes. If a police officer wished to move to NZ , then a position with NZ Corrections could open a door for them.

Maybe people look into BE and do not necessarily post. This thread could well have given some folk food for thought.

Nairobi Jack May 13th 2019 12:35 am

I've looked at NZ corrections site and it looks like a real good professional employer and in .some real nice locations. If I wasn't happily living in Canada I'd apply myself. I think that police background would give one the edge in dealibd with some tasty situations in those jails which if they're anythoan like Canadian jails have some real beefed up crims in them to deal with. I know Cayman islands sounds like island paradise but I heard they're only looking at hiring US or Canadian police. After all they're more in line and proximal to North America than UK. You gotta see the OPTICS of the situation. Like "I'm wanting transfer direct in as a sergeant". Probably not gonna happen. This isn't TV serial Land.

jim2001 May 13th 2019 12:26 pm

Does it not say they are unable to sponsor for the purposes of a visa or am I missing something?

Nairobi Jack May 13th 2019 3:26 pm

They provide the documents and support you need to get the visa. As it is listed as occupation in demand for visa purposes unlike police officer. You need to contact them directly.